Author Topic: Patricia Audrey Thorpe born 1940's  (Read 2657 times)

Offline Ingvanye

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Patricia Audrey Thorpe born 1940's
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 06:36 BST (UK) »
Patricia's birth reg is 25th February 1940.
Ethel's marriage cert is in transit from the UK to Australia, but her death certificate only has Edwin Thorpe on it. Patricia's marriage cert has just signatures on the witness line, and only an initial for the first names. 

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 06:40 BST (UK) »
I am thinking the tree I am looking at is yours as first part of user name is same as on here.
What else do you want to know you haven’t found already?

Offline Ingvanye

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 06:46 BST (UK) »
Anything more than that. Most of that was done by a third cousin who found me after DNA tests, and I'm not sure how much is completely accurate. 
I know for sure Patricia's birth, marriage and death, and Ethel's birth, marriages and death, but I'm not a hundred percent sure about the Mellentin details, or anything else.
Considerable time has passed since I made the first post here, at a time when I knew absolutely nothing.  Everything I now know about Patricia aside from her name has only surfaced in the last couple of months.  So I'm hoping there may be someone who has more information.

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 11:30 BST (UK) »
Who did Patricia Marry?
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline Ingvanye

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 12:47 BST (UK) »
She married Eric Francis Gregory in August 1965. After she died he took up with a lady named Denise but I don’t know if they actually married.  I’ve been in contact with Denise and she actually found photographs of Patricia in a storage box so she’s posted them to me.  But I won’t get them for weeks because postage is grindingly slow at the moment. 
Unfortunately she knew nothing about Patricia’s family except that Eric had mentioned Patricia visiting her mother. 

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 13:25 BST (UK) »
I see there is a mountain of info' on Chris Carlsen.
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline Ingvanye

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 13:27 BST (UK) »
Whereabouts? 

Chris Carlsen was his stage name, his real name was William Stygal.

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 13:58 BST (UK) »
Ive seen that and his wifes name..Also his two daughters births...There's a youtube bit on him singing..There's lots on him compering pop shows in the sixties.It looks like he did a bit of acting too... I Googled Chris Carlsen comedian..
David St John talks about knowing him when he went into comedy.He went to Tunisia with him to work.

https://www.rootschat.com/links/01pvu/

This one snippet.

Offline Ingvanye

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 14:07 BST (UK) »
Oh wow.  He was my biological father.  I’ve only seen a couple of things on him.  I don’t suppose you’d mind posting more links?
I’ve got three short videos of him and that’s it. 
I spoke to him on the phone shortly before he died.  But unfortunately his older daughter hated me because I was the child of her father’s affair.  So she shut me out.