Author Topic: Elizabeth TIMMIS (Single woman) Richmond Surrey 1865  (Read 4209 times)

Offline viddavid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth TIMMIS (Single woman) Richmond Surrey 1865
« Reply #27 on: Monday 28 May 18 11:04 BST (UK) »
I'm just going over old thoughts in the hope someone will pop up and say " Liz, thats my dear old great granny ". It happens :)
You must share DNA with me as Elizabeth Timmis was my great grandmother IF she procured Ernest my grandfather.
  ??? :-\
But the exciting thing is it's another DNA test which might throw some light on our shared concrete wall
ROBINS Richmond Birmingham Stafford UK Chicago Ill.USA.
TURNER London UK
GREENHALF London UK
McGIVERN Armagh, Castleblaney & Leitrim, Ireland
McHUGH Leitrim Ireland
TIMMIS Richmond Surrey Stafford
WILSON Letterkenny Ireland,Ayr Scotland
DNA R-FGC51610  K1a10a

Offline viddavid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 28 May 18 11:08 BST (UK) »
You must share DNA with me as Elizabeth Timmis was my great grandmother if she procured Ernest my grandfather.
Ernest was your grandfather and his brother Arthur was my grandfather. Hopefully our combined DNA tests will go some way to finding if Elizabeth Timmis was our shared great grandmother. Which company did you test with ?
TURNER London UK
GREENHALF London UK
McHUGH Leitrim Ireland
DNA R-FGC51610  K1a10a

Offline gilaves

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 28 May 18 12:36 BST (UK) »
Hello , yes I recall you but it has been a long time.
 the DNA which would apply to you too said 52% English, 29.1% celtic- Irish Scottish, Welsh, 18% Scandinavia.  I just found out that Elizabeth it registered as Austin in the 1961 census, which means she must have been with him before Ann Arthur and Ernest were born, so how is she listed as a single woman Timmis? unless of course she knew him and borrowed his name, Did you research into his history?
I Have endless 3rd cousins via the DNA test I guess therefore they might be yours too in some way. Do you know of Ernest's child Fred who went to America with Ethel to live in Wisconsin had two children Ernest and Berdie in turn had children Tom and Diane and now I am in touch with Diane their child as a cousin so many times removed. Very nice to hear from you, I think Terry has kept in touch with people and links perhaps you have heard from him ( my brother) regards Gill

Offline viddavid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 28 May 18 13:48 BST (UK) »
Hello Gill,
Yes I've corresponded with Terry, it's all his fault :) He came up with the name Timmis. Dianes' brother Thomas did a DNA test with the company FTDNA which was a perfect match to me. He is a direct male line to Ernest and I a direct line to Arthur which suggests they were full brothers. Hopefully your DNA test will show more matches. Which company did you use? Ancestry,FTDNA,23&me or someone else ? Are they loaded onto GEDmatch ?
TURNER London UK
GREENHALF London UK
McHUGH Leitrim Ireland
DNA R-FGC51610  K1a10a

Offline gilaves

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 28 May 18 13:56 BST (UK) »
Yes DNA said 'we are 50% English, 29.1 percent celt vis: Irish, Scottish and Welsh, the remainder Scandinavian. there are  more than 3,000 names on there distantly related, that is they say 3rd cousin or more on all of them so far.
 I dont know whether this is accessible but I might put the DNA test on facebook my site Gill Mahoney
regards Gill

Offline gilaves

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 28 May 18 13:58 BST (UK) »
I used Myheritage.com

Offline gilaves

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 18 February 22 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Timmis had Ernest and Arthur before she married William Austin. I would guess that is why they were dumped because she wanted to marry his and he wouldn't take them on.  The father of E and A was 90% certain to be Irish as I am 39% Irish and my father had no Irish blood it had to come through mum and then her father ( granny was Huguenot). Also prior to William austin liz was sharing a house with two Irishmen which could be the source of Ernest and Arthurs father.