Author Topic: Hambridge walker and Thompson canal people.  (Read 20876 times)

Online PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hambridge walker and Thompson canal people.
« Reply #45 on: Monday 02 July 18 22:53 BST (UK) »
Hi I have tried everything i could to find the death record for Emily walker born march 1922 and Arthur walker born June 1920.

What did the submitter of the information on myheritage tell you?
Have you even been in contact with them regarding Arthur?

and As you have been told: BUY CERTIFICATES if you want help.
We are at a dead end without further info

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 00:01 BST (UK) »
Hi I have tried everything i could to find the death record for Emily walker born march 1922 and Arthur walker born June 1920.

What did the submitter of the information on myheritage tell you?
Have you even been in contact with them regarding Arthur? 

and As you have been told: BUY CERTIFICATES if you want help.
We are at a dead end without further info

Pauline

On my heritage I was matched up with a Arthur Michael walker born circa 11th of June 1920 in Birmingham worked as a real estate agent  hes mothers name was ada byfield and he's father was George Herbert walker and Arthur had a wife called Florence Joan Walker (born Bilbrough-Bell)
His partner
Born in 1917 - Ascot, Yorkshire, England
Died in 1982 - Mona Vale Hospital, NSW so my question could this person Arthur be my great uncle because according to my heritage my Arthur walker born in June 1920 is a match to Arthur Michael walker born in 11th of June 1920

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 00:45 BST (UK) »
If that is the correct marriage - here are the full details

George Herbert Walker - 23 - boatman - illegitimate
Ada Byfield - 22 - father Charles (living) occ carriage fitter

Witnesses Charles Byfield & Emily Jones
hi love can you please help me find the birth place of george herbert walker my mum said he's family are from tipperary in ireland and through my ancestry DNA I do have a bit of irish Wales and Scottish in me
I just come across this on ancestry and I think I might of found a George Herbert walker born in January 1886 in rugby Warwickshire and I think that George Herbert walker might of been baptism as I cames across a George h walker mother walker for July 1911 in Birmingham Warwickshire I'm not sure if this could be the same person but I would like it if you could take a look in to this thank you

Online PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 08:42 BST (UK) »
I dont know how myheritage does its matches, but that looks like a suggestion rather than a documented paper trail. Did you contact a submitter for further information?

if it were documented,  then it would show when he went to Aus, when&where he wed and when&where he died. There isnt  an Ascot in Yorkshire for Florence Joan to have been born there, so even that statement is doubtful.

What we have asked for time after time is
Dates of birth for any/all of those Walker-Byefield births
Places (street addresses) for those Walker-Byfield births.
Dates, places, street addresses, parental information, witness names on marriages of those Walker-Byfield kids.

If you really think that the illegitimate 1886 birth is your man, then BUY the birth certificate and we can see whether we can find him/his mother in census to rule him in/out.

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 10:08 BST (UK) »
There is a tree on Ancestry for Arthur Michael Walker and Florence Joan. She appears to have been born Florence J Bell in Leeds in 1917 mmn Bilbrough. She married John Henry Smith Filmer in St Pancras in 1939 and subsequently went to Australia. She supposedly married Arthur in 1957 in Sydney ( he being her third husband). There appears to have been one daughter ( details private). Possibly worth trying to contact the tree owner for more information.
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 15:32 BST (UK) »
I have found the baptism for Florence Lillian ( registered Lillian F Walker in 1912). She was baptised in Birmingham on 14th Jan 1912 ( date of birth 31st Dec 1911). Parents George Herbert Walker, a Boatman) and Ada Walker. Address looks like 2 bk 56 Floodgate Street (Birmingham).
Isobel

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 17:23 BST (UK) »
There doesn’t appear to be a 1911 census schedule for 56 Floodgate St. Those for houses either side are there.

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 23:06 BST (UK) »

[/quote] I just come across this on ancestry and I think I might of found a George Herbert walker born in January 1886 in rugby Warwickshire and I think that George Herbert walker might of been baptism as I cames across a George h walker mother walker for July 1911 in Birmingham Warwickshire I'm not sure if this could be the same person but I would like it if you could take a look in to this thank you
[/quote]
I think I might have made some sense of this. There is a baptism linked to the 1886 Rugby marriage of George Herbert Walker. It took place in Brinklow, Warwickshire in Sept 1886. No father, mother Emily Walker, single woman. Going back to 1881 in Brinklow there is a possible for Emily Walker the mother. She is age 18, daughter of James and Mary A Walker. By 1891 she has become Emily Morris, married with two children - George Morris age 5 and Rose Morris age 3. No husband present. Rose is registered as Rose Walker in 1888 mmn Walker. By 1901 both Rose and George have disappeared but there are three other children - Charles 6, Lily 1 and an unnamed baby. All are recorded as Morris mmn Walker on gro. Emily is again on her own. Note on census that husband is away from home. However when Rose Morris married Albert Henry Collins in 1910 her father is given as Charles Morris ( deceased) occupation Boatman. This provides a tantalising link between George Herbert Walker born 1886 in Rugby and the world of canal boatmen. Still looking for George Herbert in 1901.
Isobel

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 23:35 BST (UK) »
Emily Walker/Morris remarried as a widow in 1910 in Northants to William Harry Stratfull. She gives her father as James Walker deceased occ Boatman. The Stratfull family are in the 1911 census including Lilian Mary (Lily) and Blanche Elizabeth ( the baby from 1901). She was born around 1862 in Brinklow. They are living at Buckby Wharf.
Isobel