Author Topic: Hambridge walker and Thompson canal people.  (Read 20759 times)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hambridge walker and Thompson canal people.
« Reply #90 on: Sunday 04 November 18 17:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi all on the " Other thread" re this family on that 1911 above, I would love to know who the mother was of the "Fred" Hambridge bc 1897/8 Bradell? Berkshire shown as son?
I know so much more about this family, especially the William who married a Sarah Ann Thompson
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Sunday 04 November 18 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi all on the " Other thread" re this family on that 1911 above, I would love to know who the mother was of the "Fred" Hambridge bc 1897/8 Bradell? Berkshire shown as son?
I know so much more about this family, especially the William who married a Sarah Ann Thompson
Keyboard86
hi I don't no if this would help but Thomas Hambridge and Emma maiden name walker had 3 sons William Hambridge Bertie Hambridge and john Hambridge and a daughter called Emily Saunders maiden name Hambridge William is my great grandfather who married a Sarah Ann Thompson they had 3 sons and 2 daughters they was called William Hambridge born in dec 18th 1913 died 1993  my grandad Joseph Samuel Hambridge 20th of April 1915 died around the summer off 1992 and there was a Fred Hambridge Olivia and Evelyn Hambridge sorry I don't know when they was born or when they have died as I can't find the birth year and death year.

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Sunday 04 November 18 18:59 GMT (UK) »
Keyboard86
hi I don't no if this would help but Thomas Hambridge and Emma maiden name walker had 3 sons William Hambridge Bertie Hambridge and john Hambridge and a daughter called Emily Saunders maiden name Hambridge William is my great grandfather who married a Sarah Ann Thompson they had 3 sons and 2 daughters they was called William Hambridge born in dec 18th 1913 died 1993  my grandad Joseph Samuel Hambridge 20th of April 1915 died around the summer off 1992 and there was a Fred Hambridge Olivia and Evelyn Hambridge sorry I don't know when they was born or when they have died as I can't find the birth year and death year. My granddad Joseph Samuel Hambridge married my nan Hannah walker.

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Sunday 04 November 18 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Keyboard86
hi I don't no if this would help but Thomas Hambridge and Emma maiden name walker had 3 sons William Hambridge Bertie Hambridge and john Hambridge and a daughter called Emily Saunders maiden name Hambridge William is my great grandfather who married a Sarah Ann Thompson they had 3 sons and 2 daughters they was called William Hambridge born in dec 18th 1913 died 1993  my grandad Joseph Samuel Hambridge 20th of April 1915 died around the summer off 1992 and there was a Fred Hambridge Olivia and Evelyn Hambridge sorry I don't know when they was born or when they have died as I can't find the birth year and death year. My granddad Joseph Samuel Hambridge married my nan Hannah walker and I'm there youngest grand daughter.

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Sunday 04 November 18 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Keyboard86
hi I don't no if this would help but Thomas Hambridge and Emma maiden name walker had 3 sons William Hambridge Bertie Hambridge and john Hambridge and a daughter called Emily Saunders maiden name Hambridge William is my great grandfather who married a Sarah Ann Thompson they had 3 sons and 2 daughters they was called William Hambridge born in dec 18th 1913 died 1993  my grandad Joseph Samuel Hambridge 20th of April 1915 died around the summer off 1992 and there was a Fred Hambridge Olivia and Evelyn Hambridge sorry I don't know when they was born or when they have died as I can't find the birth year and death year. My granddad Joseph Samuel Hambridge married my nan Hannah walker and I'm there youngest grand daughter.
My mum once had a photo of my great grandfather William Hambridge and my grandad and one of he's brother they was very tall but my mum reckons my great grandfather might of been about 6 foot tall as he was tall then my grandad Joseph Samuel Hambridge

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 10:42 GMT (UK) »
Keyboard86
My mum once had a photo of my great grandfather William Hambridge and my grandad and one of he's brother they was very tall but my mum reckons my great grandfather might of been about 6 foot tall as he was tall then my grandad Joseph Samuel Hambridge
hi can you help me I'm trying to find the birth and death date of my great grandfather niece husband Timothy Nolan who married a Ethel m Collins in 1948

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Saturday 15 December 18 16:14 GMT (UK) »
Keyboard86
hi can you help me I'm trying to find the birth and death date of my great grandfather niece husband Timothy Nolan who married a Ethel m Collins in 1948
hi I'm trying to out some information on Mary Ann walker who would of been my 7th great grandmother born in or around 1840 she married my 7th great grandfather James walker

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Saturday 15 December 18 22:52 GMT (UK) »
If you look at my earlier answer on this thread  ( # 71) you will see that Mary Ann had the maiden name Gresley/Greasley and was born around 1840 in Brinklow ( information gleaned from the census and the gro entries for the birth of her children). She may be the Mary Ann Greasley born in Rugby Reg district ( which includes Brinklow) in 1840. If so, her mother’s maiden name was Newcom(be). She appears from the 1841 census to be the daughter of Joseph Greasley and Anne Newcomb who married in Brinkley in 1838. Joseph and Ann had a few children born in Rugby district in the 1840’s ( Mary Ann ( 1840), John ( 1843), Sarah (1845), Joseph (1847), Richard (1849) and Elizabeth (1850). Surname appears as Greasley/Gresley/Griesley depending on source record.
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Saturday 15 December 18 23:21 GMT (UK) »
If you look at my earlier answer on this thread  ( # 71) you will see that Mary Ann had the maiden name Gresley/Greasley and was born around 1840 in Brinklow ( information gleaned from the census and the gro entries for the birth of her children). She may be the Mary Ann Greasley born in Rugby Reg district ( which includes Brinklow) in 1840. If so, her mother’s maiden name was Newcom(be). She appears from the 1841 census to be the daughter of Joseph Greasley and Anne Newcomb who married in Brinkley in 1838. Joseph and Ann had a few children born in Rugby district in the 1840’s ( Mary Ann ( 1840), John ( 1843), Sarah (1845), Joseph (1847), Richard (1849) and Elizabeth (1850). Surname appears as Greasley/Gresley/Griesley depending on source record.
hi there you was correct but also a bit wrong because I did say Mary Ann walker world of been my  great great great great grandmother she married James walker and they had a daughter called may Martha Walker decease 1878 her son James walker who married a mary Ann gresley born 1840 so the Mary I was on about was
May Martha Walker mum this is one I was on about