Author Topic: Help Please with Germany - Heinrich Wiese  (Read 652 times)

Offline dairydairy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help Please with Germany - Heinrich Wiese
« on: Sunday 26 November 17 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone! I wonder whether anyone can help me please? I am researching my husband's family tree and I am a bit stuck. His great-grandfather on his mother's side was Heinrich Wiese. He married Margery Augusta Koenig (Konig) and they had five children - Hermann Karl Gustav Erich (born in 1896 in Germany), Elizabeth Sarah Ann Johanna (born 1899 died 1901)Wilhelm Heinrich (born 1901 and later called himself William Henry Wise (my husband's grandfather), Percy Alexander Wiese (born 1903) and Margerie Agnes Christina (born 1906). Last four children all born in UK. Margery Augusta died in 1908 and by April 1909 the remaining four children were in the workhouse in Islington for a short while. Rumour has it that Heinrich left his children and went to America but I can't prove this. Also, I can find Heinrich and Margery's marriage in Germany (Margery was born in London) but I wanted to prove who Heinrich's parents were. Any help very greatly appreciated. Catherine :)

Offline Stever32

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Help Please with Germany - Heinrich Wiese
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 November 17 17:22 GMT (UK) »
In what region of Germany are you looking?

Offline dairydairy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 November 17 17:27 GMT (UK) »
In Hanover, I believe. They got married on 5th Oct 1895.

Offline Stever32

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 November 17 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Catherine,

All of the German marriage records that I have been able to locate in Germany (Celle Region) to date show the Bride and Groom's parents as well as where the bride and groom are from. Do you know the specific District, etc where this union was registered? I'm not currently subscribed to Archion, but you can see what records have been digitized and are available online for the various regions without charge from their site. I will likely be subscribing to it again in the near future once my research progresses. If you have more information, then a search would be possible.

Offline JustinL

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 November 17 02:55 GMT (UK) »
The parish register (available on ancestry) recorded that the civil ceremony took place in the Standesamt (registry office) in Hannover on 4th October 1895.

The civil certificate, which, as Steve says, will provide the names of both their parents, are now be held in the Stadtarchiv Hannover.

https://www.hannover.de/Leben-in-der-Region-Hannover/Bildung/Bibliotheken-Archive/Stadtarchiv-Hannover/Familienforschung/Personenstandsunterlagen/Bestand

Justin

Offline dairydairy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 November 17 08:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much Justin and Steve for pointing me in the right direction. Unfortunately I don’t speak any German at all so do not really know how to get any further as I can’t understand what is written on these websites. Thanks very much though. Perhaps I will find someone to help. Catherine

Offline JustinL

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 27 November 17 14:55 GMT (UK) »
Catherine,

If you view the page in Google Chrome, then right click with the mouse, you can translate the whole page into English.

All you really need though is the email address, which is stadtarchiv@hannover-stadt.de

Offline dairydairy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 27 November 17 16:04 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much Justin! Catherine