Author Topic: AoL old & new emails all disappeared - only shows last 6 days.  (Read 22353 times)

Offline Barbara348

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • (Virture in difficulty)
    • View Profile
Re: AoL old & new emails all disappeared - only shows last 6 days.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 31 May 18 16:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Jebber,

that method sounds like a good idea but I'm not very technical so could you tell me exactly how to print the contacts list to a PDF file and then save it, I think that's a great idea and I wish I could use it to save Emails as well.

Also, do you open a special folder for the PDF file? excuse me if that sounds a bit of a dopey question.

Cheers

Barbara.
Howell. Marshall. Frew.Finn.Williams.Jones.Carroll.
Hinksman. Zeitline.Roberts.Shepherd.

Offline Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: AoL old & new emails all disappeared - only shows last 6 days.
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 31 May 18 19:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbara,

If. like me you only have Acrobat Reader on your computer, and if you simply want to print files and not edit them after they are created, you can download a  programme which is simple and easy to use. I use the basic version of PDF Creator which is quite free, I have used it for a long time on both PCs and laptop.

https://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator

Download and  just click on install, once installed it will show up as a printer on your computer, when you want to create a file in any programme, click on Print as normal and just make sure you chose PDF Creator as you preferred printer instead of your usual one, it will then create the file and a window will pop up asking you to name the file and where to save it.

I am not technical either so found this very simple to use, it is very useful if you want to send a very large file to someone as an email attachment.

Good luck,

Jebber
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.