Author Topic: Willie George Taylor RAF  (Read 760 times)

Offline Bilge

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Willie George Taylor RAF
« on: Wednesday 29 November 17 14:15 GMT (UK) »
Looking for information on Willie George Taylor, b 26/11/1911, Essex, England d.1989-90 at Hereford, England. He served with RAF during WW2 Service number unknown. and was an Air mechanic by trade. I know he served on several occasions at RAF Pershore and was working with Canadian personnel. I think he also served at RAF Cardington also a host of others but sadly I don't know these. Wyton rings a bell but unsure on that fact.
Thanks in advance.
Bilge.
ABELL-Hfds & Glouc. AWFORD-Glouc, Hfds & Worcs. DANTER-Glouc,Hfds & Worcs. DAUNTER-Hfds, Glouc & Worcs. BAYLISS-Worcs & Glouc. BILLINGHAM-Hfds. JENKINS-Glam, & Hfds. PIPER-Suffolk, Glam & Hfds. CULLUM-Hfds, Suffolk & Mom.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Willie George Taylor RAF
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 November 17 14:18 GMT (UK) »
Because he was serving after 1920, his Service Records will still be with the MOD ;D

See: https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records
There will be a fee of £30.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Bilge

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 November 17 14:24 GMT (UK) »
Great thanks for that. One other question do the RAF trade qualification get published in the London Gazette or was that only for officers?
ABELL-Hfds & Glouc. AWFORD-Glouc, Hfds & Worcs. DANTER-Glouc,Hfds & Worcs. DAUNTER-Hfds, Glouc & Worcs. BAYLISS-Worcs & Glouc. BILLINGHAM-Hfds. JENKINS-Glam, & Hfds. PIPER-Suffolk, Glam & Hfds. CULLUM-Hfds, Suffolk & Mom.

Offline medpat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 November 17 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Gazette for officers.

My OH was an RAF apprentice and said none of his achievements (qualifying and rank advancements) were ever published.
GEDmatch M157477

Offline Bilge

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 November 17 15:13 GMT (UK) »
Thanks thats such a shame, the RAF appears to be the worst of the tri-servces for sharing information and credits.
 :o

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 November 17 15:22 GMT (UK) »
Bit hard on the RAF - no other rank in any service had any promotions or trade qualifications published anywhere but in service records.

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia