Author Topic: The 1895 marriage of Philip Henry Adams and Sarah Taylor?  (Read 15797 times)

Offline AdamsHodgetts

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The 1895 marriage of Philip Henry Adams and Sarah Taylor?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 05 December 17 19:19 GMT (UK) »
Oh I didn't see the Sarah Adams departing Southampton's husband mentioned but vaguely remember seeing the words travelling with "Uncle" but we don't seem to have a Herbert that could have been her "Uncle" in our family tree. Its the only Sarah Adams I could find and the date seems to fit in...?

Me too, re the 1901 census! I've found my grandfather Arthur John Adams residenting with his grandparents (John Billingham Adams and his wife Emma Cox) on the 1901 census but where is his younger brother Philip Edwin Adams?

My Dad has never known his grandmother Sarah Caroline Taylor/Adams as she was not around during my Dad's time so it seems she has simply disappeared! Which is why I'm trying to trace her as she may have joined her parents and siblings in USA?

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 05 December 17 19:54 GMT (UK) »
? Quite odd, as the Philip Henry Adams on 1911 with son Philip Edwin Adams b c 1900 states he has been married 15 years and has only 1 child born and still alive, Arthur J aged 14 is still with Grandparents in 1911.
The Probate of Philip Henry Adams shows it was handled by Arthur ROY Adams and Philip Edwin Adams?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AdamsHodgetts

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 05 December 17 20:27 GMT (UK) »
? Quite odd, as the Philip Henry Adams on 1911 with son Philip Edwin Adams b c 1900 states he has been married 15 years and has only 1 child born and still alive, Arthur J aged 14 is still with Grandparents in 1911.
The Probate of Philip Henry Adams shows it was handled by Arthur ROY Adams and Philip Edwin Adams?
Keyboard86

Philip Henry Adams had two sons, Arthur John Adams and Philip Edwin with Sarah C Taylor/Adams but where is Philip Edwin Adams on the 1901 census? Also Sarah C Adams isn't mentioned on the same censuses as Philip Edwin Adams and both sons in the 1900s...

The probate of Philip Henry Adams was handled by his younger son Philip Edwin and his (Philip Henry's) grandson Roy Adams.  Roy is the son of Philip Henry's older son Arthur John Adams who  wasn't a well man at the time.

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline AdamsHodgetts

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile

Offline AdamsHodgetts

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 05 December 17 22:19 GMT (UK) »
This enclosed attachment was the post I came across on Ancestry.com, which was linked to my Sarah Caroline Adams nee Taylor by jhog952 that started me searching for Sarah Caroline again as I do so much want to solve this mysterious disappearance of her.  Same father: Samuel Taylor

This is as close although I have her christening date down as 3 April 1871 at St Peter's Church, Cradley, Halesowen, Worcestershire and jhog952 has hers down as 29 May 1870.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this... is it purely coincidental or what?

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 06 December 17 01:21 GMT (UK) »
That's the problem,isn't it. The one in Illinois (arriving in NY as "Carrie TAYLOR" in 1882) can't be the same person as the wife of Philip Henry ADAMS.

Or have I missed something?

Maureen

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 06 December 17 07:44 GMT (UK) »
Have you discounted the following
1901 census Cradley Worcs.
 Elizabeth Tayler 34 born Lye Worcs
Sarah Adams 28 listed as single and her sister in law
There are other children but significant is Annie aged 14 days.
Would Sarah have gone to help out with other children and birth of Annie.

Last census Cradley Heath Staffordshire
Sarah Adams age 39 brick yard worker born Cradley is a boarder with William Worton and his wife
says she is married though number of years is missing  children 3-2-1.

Offline AdamsHodgetts

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 06 December 17 11:12 GMT (UK) »
That's the problem,isn't it. The one in Illinois (arriving in NY as "Carrie TAYLOR" in 1882) can't be the same person as the wife of Philip Henry ADAMS.

Or have I missed something?

Maureen

I don't really understand what Carrie S Taylor and William Murdock have to do with Sarah Caroline Taylor/Adams?