Author Topic: Finding information on an illegitimate child in Lincolnshire? - Thomas Beacock  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Anthony Beacock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Finding information on an illegitimate child in Lincolnshire? - Thomas Beacock
« Reply #18 on: Friday 02 February 18 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thanks for the reply!

I have had a look at this before but haven’t been to the Lincolnshire archives itself, so that is on my list! I’m 1851, Sarah is listed as annuitant, which suggests that she was receiving money from somewhere.

Sarah’s father was called John so she did not name him after him, but He must have been accepting of her, as she was living with her parents, siblings and Thomas her son in 1841. It is quite possible that Thomas was Thomas’ father’s name, as there doesn’t seem to be any other relatives called Thomas.

I will have to have another look at the bastardy records!

Thanks again!
East Yorkshire - Beacock, Hunter, Baxter, Kirby, Smith, House, Wright, Thompson, Hall, Capon, Ellarby, Semper, Smith, Gibson, Pannitt, Bassett.
Lincolnshire - Beacock, Carline, Robinson, Markham, England, Dovehill, Teste, Reder, Harum.
Hampshire - Cook, House, Mintram, Taylor, Orman, Brumfield, Skews, West, Lancaster, Young, Tribbeck, Pearce, Prince, Wrixon.
Scotland - Scarth.

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
Re: Finding information on an illegitimate child in Lincolnshire? - Thomas Beacock
« Reply #19 on: Friday 02 February 18 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Affiliation order for my grandmother was found by someone who worked in the records office .i wouldnt have known how or where to look ..and thought it eas worth paying to have a search done for me .!
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson