Author Topic: Catherine McHugh (nee Summers) bc1813, poss. buried 1892 at Claretuam, Galway  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Kevin, now in Chester

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine McHugh (nee Summers) bc1813, poss. buried 1892 at Claretuam, Galway
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 December 17 17:55 GMT (UK) »
Thank you again.

I have no trace of Catherine McCue/McHugh or Mary Thompson (nee McCue) in 1881.

Catherine's son (Mary's brother) Thomas McCue is living in Richard Street, Pontypridd with wife Rose in 1881; they left for Allegheny in the USA in 1887.

An Elizabeth Thompson, age 14 (possible daughter of Mary), is living in Llanwonno in 1881, but gives her place of birth as Dungibbon, Ireland.

Kevin
Taylor, Wright, Paul (East London) and Carter (Wickford, Orsett, Grays, Leyton, Essex), Holmes (Folkestone) and McHugh/McCue (Ireland/Pontypridd/Chester/Saltney)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine McHugh (nee Summers) bc1813, poss. buried 1892 at Claretuam, Galway
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 13 December 17 18:53 GMT (UK) »
There is a death for a Mary Thompson, 32 yrs 1874 Pontypridd  :-\
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kevin, now in Chester

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 13 December 17 19:56 GMT (UK) »
That would link with Mary's age on her marriage certificate which is definitely her (confirmed by the location and her father's name and profession "Nailer").

I shall send off for the certificate to see who the informant was; most likely brother Thomas rather than mother Catherine, I guess.  Her brother James (my wife's ancestor) had moved to Saltney, near Chester in about 1864 and brother Patrick had also moved away from Pontypridd by this time.

Thank you again for taking time to look at this conundrum.

Kevin
Taylor, Wright, Paul (East London) and Carter (Wickford, Orsett, Grays, Leyton, Essex), Holmes (Folkestone) and McHugh/McCue (Ireland/Pontypridd/Chester/Saltney)