Author Topic: Please could colour be added to last photo of Eliza Simpson  (Read 2420 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Please could colour be added to last photo of Eliza
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 16 December 17 09:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much Pat.  This is wonderful!  It feels like you and Loord have given me an early Christmas present!  I am over the moon with what you and others have done on RootsChat with these photos.  I really can't thank you all enough.

Cousin hasn't seen new versions yet but I just know she will be just as thrilled as I am.  This is most interesting what you say about the date of this photo not being in  the 40s.  Cousin and I believed this was an older Eliza as she looks very like Eliza in the first photo.  Now I am wondering if this could actually be Eliza's Mother who was named Lucy Gamesby at birth.  Lucy was the illegitimate daughter of Eliza Gamesby - the latter went on to marry William Ditchburn and had more children.

I am going to now follow up on your suggestion to have the photo dated.  I didn't think this necessary before as cousin and I just assumed this was Eliza as old lady in 1940's.   We know  Eliza died in1946.  Many thanks Pat and Merry Christmas! :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline chinakay

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Our housegoof
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 16 December 17 15:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi RTL, I'm also thinking it could be an older photo but on the other hand as you say, she might have just been more comfortable in styles she'd had for a while.

What's it printed on? Is it a postcard in a mount? Does the original look the same as in the posts or did something weird happen to it when it was scanned?

If it's a postcard could you scan the back of it for us please?

Cheers,
China
Moore/Paterson~Montreal
Moore/Addison~New Brunswick
Jubb/Kerr~Mirfield~Halifax~Moffatt
Williams~Dolwyddelan

King~Bedfordshire~Hull
Jenkins~Somerset
Sellers~Hull

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 16 December 17 16:12 GMT (UK) »
When I was able to borrow the photo from my cousin last year it just appeared to be a small old photo a bit dog-dated at the corners.  I took this to the photographers shop and had a copy made.  I used my Kindle to take a photo of the photo but this went on sideways. :-[ I then pasted the photo on a word document and photoed again with Kindle to try to get this on the right way up.
Any weirdness :o is likely due to my techniques I am afraid.  I am very pleased indeed though with what Rootschatters have done for me.
Merry Christmas! :)

I love these Christmas smileys by the way. Particularly this one.:D
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline chinakay

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Our housegoof
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 16 December 17 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Could you ask your cousin to look and see if it's a postcard? Like to see the back if it is...that would be an important dating clue.
Moore/Paterson~Montreal
Moore/Addison~New Brunswick
Jubb/Kerr~Mirfield~Halifax~Moffatt
Williams~Dolwyddelan

King~Bedfordshire~Hull
Jenkins~Somerset
Sellers~Hull

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 16 December 17 16:32 GMT (UK) »
It was postcard size.  I will contact my cousin.  Might be New Year before she hunts it out again.  However, I will see what can be done. 

Thanks for your advice. :)

Offline samsmith1337

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Please could colour be added to last photo of Eliza Simpson
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 28 December 17 21:30 GMT (UK) »
I am not sure but maybe it can help someone. There is an online service which can do this instead of you https://damagedphotorestoration.com/

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 28 December 17 21:51 GMT (UK) »
samsmith1337 The idea of this wonderful restoration programme, is that we offer a full and complete FREE restoration service. We know there are services that will restore photos at a cost, but what we offer is a unique programme of restoration at absolutely no cost at all.
Thank you for your post, but it is not relevant on this site.
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 28 December 17 22:33 GMT (UK) »
I agree with Pat....we offer a good, free and friendly service with a personal touch, with the advantage of a dating service if needed.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Handypandy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 28 December 17 23:23 GMT (UK) »
with the advantage of a dating service if needed.
Carol

Steady on Carol :D