Author Topic: Help researching eveline shulman  (Read 18947 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help researching eveline shulman
« Reply #126 on: Friday 05 January 18 13:28 GMT (UK) »
Trying to reply to your PM, Ray but still getting this message-
User '[Ray]' has blocked your personal message.
Please check your settings in case a gremlin has gotten into your account  ;)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Saturday 27 January 18 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Hiya

You weren't appearing on my ignore list, so I added you  ;D

THEN knocked you off
THEN buddied you

I really don't know what's agoinon?

Try again?

R
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 18:35 GMT (UK) »
My gran eveline. Was born eveline shulman. She was born  26th of February 1910 which I  recently found out. I thought it was 1911.and my mum must have been told the same thing.  My gran  eveline was born in Aberdeen. And at some point in her life  she moved to England.  Where she met my grandad some years later  and married  him.on the 23rd of December 1933. And become patients to my mum in 1937.

My gran  then married again  in 1946 after my grandad passed away  my grandad was called Alfred evan Jones. 
My gran  married Mr James owens  in I think the  December. I'm not sure what month. Only it was a few months after my grandad passed away. 
Then my gran  moved back to Scotland  after the  late 1950s  I think  1958 not sure. 
She remained in Scotland  until she passed away in 1998 on the 3rd of April.  She was a widow  then.
I hope  it  helps with the confusion.  I really  do  get confused  myself  with my gran.
From what  I have found out.  From somewhere.  My gran eveline was adopted.  It says her father's name is David Joseph shulman.  But I really  can't  seem to  figure out  why would my gran put on my mum's birth certificate.  Eveline Jones formally hill  as her maiden name.  Or where it says,  name and surname and maiden surname of mother.
So I really  don't know  if my gran  was  actually  called  eveline  hill or eveline shulman. Even though  her father's name is on her death certificate.

It's really confusing.  This is why  I'm trying to find out about Annie O'Brien. Did she pass away  in Scotland. Or England  because  of David  passed away in England.  And why was my gran adopted.  Which I  was told. But I never knew about.

Thank you again for your help.

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Wasnt the death of annie o brien covered at reply 120?
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Lots and lots already covered on this thread but I've just posted on the new one started today-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=787416
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Saturday 24 February 18 12:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone.
Iam very sorry for not replying before now. as it takes me  some time to go on my searches and i go back on other things related to my family. 

it isnt that im ignoring anyone im not. you have all been amazing you have helped me so much things
in finding things i wouldnt have known where to start. and for that i wpuld like to say a huge thank you.  i do get back to anyone who sends me messages.
 i noticed on of the posts i didnt add my grans religon. thats because i dont know it.  form what i can gather my mum was brought up as a non catholic. i think its called prodistant. as for my dad his  family are catholic.  so when my parents got married they couldnt get married untill my mum changed her religion. as catholics dont / cant marrie prodistents. so i think my gran wasnt catholic.

she didnt go to church as far as i know  just like my great gran frances jones.

the only person who is living on my grans family is her daughter my auntie. she is my mums half sister. who im trying to find as she might hold the key to her mums past.

ive tried scotland missing people. but its possible she might have moved back to where she was born which is manchester. but i have no idea her address.

if this helps anyone. my aunties birth name is Removed. even tho my mum thought it was owens. my auntie was born 21st december 1944 in manchester.   she did move to scotland many years after with her mum eveline. i know she got married around 1960s  to mr stevens i think hes name is. im not sure if she has any children or if she is still in scotland. knowing my auntie its possibel she might have moved to england but never really know with the size of my family :) :)   

but i really want to say i am truly sorry for not answering any of my replies.  im not  ignoring anyone im also using other means of trying to find my auntie. which im finding it difficult to do.

i hope ive answerd everyones questions if not to ask again and if i can and know the answers i will gladly answer. im only go by what i remember from my teenage years and from what my mum told me about  from the last 4 years untill she passed away last march. so im just trying to remember what she told me. i have to jogg my memeorie with some things.

thank you all very much i really do mean it.

thank you again everyone.

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Saturday 24 February 18 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dorothy

You have JVA's Birth cert (also recorded as another name).

We cannot talk on Rootschat about people who are/could be living (Rootschat Rules I'm afraid)

Kevin and I have just found someone who could very well be JV's daughter
Currently double-checking.

JV divorced then re-married, as you know.

Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Monday 31 January 22 22:10 GMT (UK) »
I would like to say a big thank you to you all for all the help you gave me.
And continue to do so.

I must apologise to anyone I haven't replied back to.   I didn't know how to do it.  But now I do.
I wouldn't have got this far without you all.
Thank you all  so very much.

I really appreciate it. And I'm truly sorry.

Thank you again for your help and your time.
Kind regards

Dorothy

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Thursday 21 April 22 08:38 BST (UK) »
This query has just resurfaced on another board. As a result I have just had a look at the 1921 English census. This shows Eveline as Evelyn Johnson living in Stretford, Manchester with mother Annie (Annie married Bertram Johnson on 21 April 1921, shortly after the death of David Schulman) The 1921 Census shows Evelyn as born 1905 in Scotland which appears to confirm what many of us thought - that she was the five year old Eva Barrett Schulman listed as a stepdaughter of David and Annie in the 1911 Scottish census and was therefore born much earlier than the OP thought. Just thought others who worked on this might be interested.
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)