Author Topic: Help researching eveline shulman  (Read 18940 times)

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help researching eveline shulman
« on: Saturday 16 December 17 00:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi
 I am in need of some help again.  This time  slightly different.
 Please can anyone help me .where I can find out if my gran was adopted or not.  As there  seems to be  no records of her birth.  I only have  her name  and date of birth.  I don't know if she was born in Scotland or England.  Only that she moved to Scotland  around the late 1950's. Where she continued to live until she passed away. 
I only know her father's name  and her mother's maiden name.   Which is on afew  of her certificates.
I would really appreciate any help  I've tried every thing else.
 Thank you again for your help and time
Yours sincerely
Mrs Dorothy Lucas

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 December 17 00:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Some names would be helpful.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 December 17 00:23 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Dorothy but we can't help unless you give us her name and her parent's names plus dates.

I only know her father's name  and her mother's maiden name.   Which is on a few  of her certificates.

Which certificates are these?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 December 17 01:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thank you.  I didn't know if I could  put her details  on.
Here's  what I know  from my mum. My grans name is eveline  shulman.  But on  my mum's birth certificate. It says mother's maiden name is formaly hill.   My grans  birth day  is 26th of February 1911.
Her father's name was David Joseph shulman.  I don't know what  her mum's name was. Except  her maiden name was hill.  So it looks like  my grans  maiden name was either hill or shulman.  As I don't know if  my grans  parents was married or not.
My gran lived in England  maybe most of her life  as she was living in cholton on Medlock Manchester number 192 upper brook Street. When she met my grandad. They both married  in 1933.December.   and in 1937 they became parents.  By the late 1950's my gran  moved to Scotland where she continued to live until she passed away in 1998..
If there's  anything else I've missed out please  let me know.  I have certificates  except  for my grans birth certificate.
Apparently  I've been told  maybe my gran was adopted age 5 months  but her biological father is David Joseph shulman.  Which I am confused about.
I would really appreciate any help as it's confusing me. My mum always said her mum was born in Scotland. 
According to the registra office in Scotland  there's  no  birth records.

I hope  everything I've put is ok?
Thank you again for your help and time
Yours sincerely
Mrs Dorothy Lucas

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 December 17 01:41 GMT (UK) »
Sorry  I forgot to  say.
I have my grandparents marriage certificate.  My mum's birth certificate  and my grans  death  certificate.

My grandparents marriage certificate is  Manchester. ( she was married in Manchester  where she was living )

My mum's birth certificate  is Manchester.  ( my mum's birth certificate  is where my grandparents was living when they had my mum )

My grans  death certificate  is from  Scotland.  Where she passed away  ( my gran was living in Scotland  when she passed away  )

I'm sorry  I forgot to  mention  them.

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 16 December 17 01:52 GMT (UK) »
Maybe relevant...

Eveline Schulman  married  Alfred E Jones. 1933 Manchester South.

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 16 December 17 02:08 GMT (UK) »
Evelyn Hill. born Manchester Oct-Nov-Dec 1911.  mmn  Ancoats.

Evelyn G Hill. born Prescot, Lancashire Jan-Feb-Mar 1911.   

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 16 December 17 02:12 GMT (UK) »
Yes  that's  my grandad and my gran.
 They was living in cholton on Medlock Manchester England   before  they got married. And both  living in the same area. My grandad  Alfred evan Jones  was living in cholton on Medlock Manchester number 59.Rusholme road.  And my gran was living in cholton on Medlock Manchester number 192 upper brook Street.

On the marriage certificate. It says fathers name  on my grans.  Was David Joseph shulman auctioner  deceased.
And she was a spinster  and her ocupation was a photographer.

I just can't seem to find where she was born  or was she adopted or not.  As my mum never mentioned it. Unless she didn't know  herself.

On my mum's birth certificate. It says.  Name, surname  and maiden surname of mother. 
Where it has that it's says  eveline Jones  formally  hill. 
My gran  eveline wasn't married before she married my grandad.  Apparently  the registra office said. It's my great grans  maiden name  . So my gran  eveline  was either  born shulman or hill.
Her father's name was David Joseph shulman  which  is her biological father.
Thank you again

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 16 December 17 02:19 GMT (UK) »
Thank  you.
 My gran was born in Feb  1911. My mum use to say  that  her mum  spelt  her name  evelyn  as my middle name  is  after my  gran.  Except  spelt  different.  On my grans death certificate it says eveline owens  which is her 2nd married name.   
What is confusing is  I really don't know if she was adopted or not  as I've been told maybe she has and that's why we can't find her.
I really do appreciate all help please  I just  come up with nothing.
Thank you  what ever  help  I can get its a bit further than I have managed to get. 
I really can't  imagine  my gran being adopted.

Thanks again