Author Topic: Stanley Perry Chapman- GRO numbers required  (Read 2069 times)

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Stanley Perry Chapman- GRO numbers required
« on: Friday 22 December 17 23:45 GMT (UK) »
 :'(Hi all,
I am trying to get the death details. I have the death registration details which are not good enough for the GRO people. I am looking for a person who maybe able to look quicker than me for the numbers. As I said I have the vol. and page numbers. The registration details are as follows: (from family search)

Stanley Perry Chapman, 1st qrt of 1995, Liverpool Lancs. Under "event place" which I take to mean where he died is Liverpool, Lancs. It says his birth date is 22nd Oct. 1922. His mothers nee name was Woollen. She had several men in her life apart from Stanley's father who was Thomas Perry.  One was a chap called Mr Chapman. As you can see Stanley took both names. I haven't been able to find a birth or marriage for Stanley (I think his wife's name may have been Mary).
Stanley had a sister also named Mary Rose who was born 1929..

All help really much appreciated.
Popsit/NZ
Be good to your Mum

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Stanley Perry Chapman- GRO numbers required
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 December 17 23:50 GMT (UK) »
Stanley Perry Chapman Age 72 born 22 Oct 1922
Registration Date   February 1995
Registration district   Liverpool
Inferred County    Merseyside
Register Number C13D
District and Subdistrict 0251C
Entry Number    23
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 December 17 23:57 GMT (UK) »
He died 2nd Feb and  left a will - his address was not in Liverpool
Crewood Cottage  Ball Lane   Kingsley  Warrington

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills  - you want page 16  Costs £10 to buy a copy which you download
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 December 17 00:14 GMT (UK) »
His sister was born in Fylde Lancs (which is where I live) and her birth was registered under her mothers maiden name

His sister married in Fylde 1954 but I can't see any death up to 2007 so cannot show full details here.  Can't see any children born to the marriage but she may have divorced and re-married

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 December 17 01:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole W,
I am gobsmacked, I didn't think anyone would be about at this time so would have to wait. (I'm in New Zealand).
Ok first thank you lots for your replies. If I can go through them.The numbers you gave me are the exact ones I sent to the GRO in England wanting to buy a copy of his death. The GRO told me they were not the ones they want so will try again.
Yes that is the address he was living in at the time of his death. I just wondered why Liverpool but I guess it was the nearest hospital. He died of a heart attack.

It is such a mixed up family re surnames. As I explained both people were my Grt grandfathers children, his surname being Perry. I can understand why she reg. in her maiden name of Woollen. Stanley obviously used the perry name as well as the Chapman name which was the last man his mother lived with.
His sister, Mary Rose was born approx. 1929. She married a Reginald William Richardson, it says on the cert. Mary Rose Pearson formally known as Mary Rose Woollen. It appears her mother was with a man (married or not) called Mr Pearson. It also states she was a spinster?? I thought unmarried women were spinsters. I might go and look under pearson for both their births. I have the marriage cert. The family was living at 144 midgeland road Blackpool. Mary (Stanley's sister went on to have two children who she had with William Richardson. :). She did remarry much later on to a man in Spain where she lived for many years.

Thank you lots and lots great xmas present.
popsit/NZ
Be good to your Mum

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 23 December 17 01:47 GMT (UK) »
Midgeland Road is not that far from where I live. 

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 23 December 17 02:41 GMT (UK) »
it really is a small world sometimes. Have a very merry xmas and greater New year

popsit/NZ
Be good to your Mum

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 23 December 17 07:50 GMT (UK) »
I haven't been able to find a birth or marriage for Stanley (I think his wife's name may have been Mary).

Registered late  :-\

Birth March qtr 1923   
CHAPMAN    Stanley P    mmn Woollen   
Fylde    8e   950

From LancashireBMD
CHAPMAN   Stanley Perry   
DOBSON   Mary   
Pressall Register Office or Registrar Attended   
Preston   PREE/23/75

freebmd -
Marriage June qtr 1969 
Chapman    Stanley P    (spouse Dobson)
Garstang    10c   781

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 23 December 17 08:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Thank you also for that info. I did go searching again and found his birth detail but not his marriage as I didn't have his wife's surname. I have had such a good day re filling in holes in my family genealogy thanks to you and Carole. Thank you for your time and merry xmas

Popsit N/Z
Be good to your Mum