Author Topic: Llandegla burial records  (Read 4802 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Llandegla burial records
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 23 December 17 20:11 GMT (UK) »
Place names on other pages are definitely Llandegla so it's been wrongly allocated to Chirk!
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline slothbear

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 23 December 17 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Thank you gadget for your help , it is very kind of you .
I think it will just be the information I already have so you don't have to send me anything thank you very much though .
So to get the burial place in the actual cematary of llandegla , I would have to visit the church and ask someone there , I am also thinking there could be an age of burial on there records they will have ?

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 23 December 17 20:28 GMT (UK) »
The records that I've looked at are images of the original  Church records and signed by the vicar. I don't think you'll get anything more.

Not sure that they'll have a plan of the plots that far back.

Have you looked for wills on the Nat Library site?  If he left one, that might give info.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline slothbear

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 23 December 17 20:40 GMT (UK) »
I wrote to the church many years ago and the reply I had was that there was writing to the record of Robert roberts burial , but they were unable to read the writing and tell me what it said ?
Ok I will have the page you have in question , I will be something else to add to my family tree file . I will PM you .. thank you
I will have a look for wills but the name is quit common do you think I will struggle to find the right one . .

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 23 December 17 20:50 GMT (UK) »
I've just had a good look for a will and can't find anything - either with lots of info and with a little.  Do you have a marriage/children for him?

I have a Robert Roberts - only just found his father John's marriage after 15 years of searching. They all seem to arise from the parishes around Llyn Tegid and move East  ;D

Gadget

Offline slothbear

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 23 December 17 21:03 GMT (UK) »
He was married to a Mary ? But the names are so common I can't guess to which marriage it would be .
That's why I though the actual church record it's self may have give a age of death .
Apparently there was an inquest into his death ( a roots chat member found many years ago )
I took the reference number to Ruthin record office but to my dissipointment it said nothing .

As far as I know he had children in llandegla , the last one born in 1787 , who is my descendent .
Other children were born approx two years apart before that date . Under Robert Roberts and Mary with is occupation a carpenter , but then there is Robert roberts and Mary going further back having more children again approx two years apart under the occupation of a wheelwright I am thinking it's the same family .
No abode is given for both so does that mean the actually lived in llandegla ?
I was recommended to try apprentice records as he was a carpenter , but don't really know where to search for this or how ..

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 23 December 17 21:08 GMT (UK) »
I'd think that wheelwright and carpenter would be equivalents. What names do the children have?

I'll have a look through the  records to see if I can find something. It might take a while though.

Gadget

Offline slothbear

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 23 December 17 22:00 GMT (UK) »
thank you heather for making me feel welcome to roots chat.

i think i may need as much help as you can give me.
i havent got much to go on realy,only the transcript book for llandegla i have BMD from
1744-1812.
what i no from the booklet is-

robert roberts and mary roberts was the father of--
 david born 1787,who moved to llandderfel.
robert was a carpenter.
they also had jane 1776
                      godfrey 1778
                      robert 1780
                      thomas1782
                      jane1784   (another jane)??
                      david ( above 1787)
 also there is another robert and mary roberts,he was a wheelwright
they had a edward 1769
                  john 1771
                  robert 1773
could this be the same robert roberts the carpenter,as a few years earlyer he could of been a wheelwright?
there are 2 janes and 2 robert i think the first time they were named they may of died in childhood.?

for a burial record of the father robert,i have a few dates-
1788 ( it does say carpenter by the name) i think this could be the right date,so its oct 9th 1788
and mary his wife
1798 (it does say widow)
the marriage date u give me could be right,but it would of ment that they had 3 children before thay were marryed?
i think you are right looking in other villages so -
IF YOU COULD HELP ME ANY MORE,NOW THAT YOU HAVE MORE INFO ON ROBERT, I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY FOR YOU 2DO SO.
i think i just need a few dates,that are right and to do with robert and mary,then i can focus and get on my way again.
sorry for going on,i realy have enjoyed researching my tree,but i am struggling and not enjoying it as much.

Offline slothbear

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 23 December 17 22:01 GMT (UK) »
This was from a post I wrote ten years ago , sorry I didn't realise I could go that far back with my messages .
How can I get you to see he post from ten years ago . Thank you again for taking time to help me .