Author Topic: Fred Anson b Q4 1878 Ellerton, Yorkshire  (Read 4118 times)

Offline Osborne11

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fred Anson b Q4 1878 Ellerton, Yorkshire
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Fred Anson, 1878 - 1949 was my 1st cousin 2 x removed.
He was the son of Tom Smith Anson 1847 - 1911 & Emily Newstead Flint 1848 - 1924
He married Annie Tate born 1870 in 1899.
They had 2 children Arthur, & May both born in Bramley, Leeds.
I don't know what happened to Annie, but he married Elizabeth Lawrie in 1918.
They departed from London aboard the SS Barrapool on 23rd December 1924 bound for Melbourne Australia., with a girl called Celia Inns who they raised as their own.
I am in contact with his great grandson, who still lives in Semaphore South Australia.
I have the Anson Family Bible with the entry of Tom Smith Anson's birth August 4th 1847
Anson, Neville, Cook, Knight, Bennett, Silverwood Strickland

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 28 December 17 01:13 GMT (UK) »
May Anson daughter from the marriage of Fred and Annie born 1899 married William Young - 18 May 1929 - Armley, St Bartholomew, West Yorkshire. Father listed as Fred Anson.  May spinster of 18 Florence Place Armley. (Same address as 1911 census)

I struggle with searching the electoral registers, but have found Annie Anson & May Anson in 1929, both at 18 Florence Place (Wortley).
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 28 December 17 01:44 GMT (UK) »
He was the son of Tom Smith Anson 1847 - 1911 & Emily Newstead Flint 1848 - 1924
They departed from London aboard the SS Barrapool on 23rd December 1924 bound for Melbourne Australia., with a girl called Celia Inns who they raised as their own.
I am in contact with his great grandson, who still lives in Semaphore South Australia.
I have the Anson Family Bible with the entry of Tom Smith Anson's birth August 4th 1847

Welcome to RootsChat

Thank you so much for the quick response and for clarifying that Fred Anson was indeed the one that went to Australia in 1924.
I'm sure Cockney rebel will be delighted to have an answer to his puzzle.

Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 28 December 17 01:57 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if Annie Anson followed May to Selby.  There is an Annie Anson born 1870 living there in 1939, states married but there is no husband with her, and her occupation is housekeeper.

The nearest death I can find is in Pontefract RD in 1948.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 28 December 17 07:32 GMT (UK) »

Hi and welcome to Rootschat from me also and thanks for the information on this family  ;)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 28 December 17 09:04 GMT (UK) »

They departed from London aboard the SS Barrapool on 23rd December 1924 bound for Melbourne Australia.,

Hi and welcome  :)

Do you have the full details of Fred and Elizabeth Lawrie's marriage as I can't seem to find it on the marriage index.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 28 December 17 09:56 GMT (UK) »
No one on any of the anc tree's has a source for a marriage in 1918 - one of the other tree's shows that on the "death certificate" it says one of them was 32 years old when married (its listed under Fred and Elizabeth)
Fred was 21 at first marriage, so wondering if the 32 years - might refer to Elizabeth who was born 29 Sept 1889  ???

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 28 December 17 10:01 GMT (UK) »
For information purposes - even though it has already been mentioned.

Osborne11 has started a thread to confirm he has the Anson Family Bible.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=784659.msg6396093

Sandra

Offline Osborne11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 28 December 17 11:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome  :)

Do you have the full details of Fred and Elizabeth Lawrie's marriage as I can't seem to find it on the marriage index.

Gadget

I don't have any details of the marriage of Fred and Elizabeth's, perhaps they never legally married.

My research states that Fred was born in Aughton/Ellerton. East Riding of Yorkshire 2 villages next to each other.

Chris
Anson, Neville, Cook, Knight, Bennett, Silverwood Strickland