Author Topic: Couple living separately, each claiming widowhood?  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Couple living separately, each claiming widowhood?
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 30 December 17 01:14 GMT (UK) »
As you probably know, the 1841 census is missing for most of the wider Wrexham area. However, a while ago,  transcripts for the two Wrexham districts were discovered inside a book in a second hand bookshop in Wrexham (or something like that).  Clwyd FHS, produced a booklet of these. These were just by address with no refs. I remembered that I had a copy, so just for extra info:

Here are John and Elizabeth:
The Walks, Wrexham Abbott
John Rogers, 40, Shoemaker journeyman
Elizabeth, 45
Charles, 21
Vere. 19
Rebecca, 15
Edward, 12
Mary, 5
Ann, 2
All born county

and William and Elizabeth
Beast Market, Wrexham Regis
William Rogers, 40, shoemaker
Elizabeth, 40
Henry, 15, Ap Shoemaker
Ann, 14
Mary, 12
Edwin, 5
James, 3
William, 3 weeks
All born county

Gadget
(back to cricket  :) )
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 30 December 17 01:41 GMT (UK) »
Lunch break!

Marriage of William and Elizabeth:

Wrexham
24 January 1822 William Rogers, a shoemaker and a bachelor and Elizabeth Davies, a spinster . Both otp. Witnesses- David Jones and Mary Jones

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 30 December 17 02:03 GMT (UK) »
The only John Rogers/Elizabeth Hussey marriage  that I can find is in Eccles, Lancs, 19 July 1819.
Unfortunatley, it's a transcription so no other info!

Son, Charles, bpt Wrexham 23 April 1820, which might add up.

Gadget

Offline hilarykellis

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 30 December 17 04:43 GMT (UK) »
The only John Rogers/Elizabeth Hussey marriage  that I can find is in Eccles, Lancs, 19 July 1819.
Unfortunatley, it's a transcription so no other info!

Son, Charles, bpt Wrexham 23 April 1820, which might add up.

Gadget

Wow Gadget, you achieve more on your lunch break than I do in weeks!

Yes, that's the correct marriage - here are what notes I had written down after viewing the original parish record image: Married by Banns, both made their mark, witnesses Thomas Turner and Richard Dixon. Both otp.

I do not know what the pair was doing in Eccles...