Author Topic: Robert Jones, Llanelidan, mid 1800s  (Read 7001 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Jones, Llanelidan, mid 1800s
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 19:40 GMT (UK) »

I think the abode was just where he lived/worked when he was married and was probably where we thought it might be - Caerthinen.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline NenNen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 13 April 19 11:53 BST (UK) »
Although this is over a year old I was very interested to see this as I spent my holidays in the 1950s in Bryn Melyn so I started to see who had lived there & came across this thread!  I have a photo from the 1950s & visited there last week, only to find hardly anything of the property left standing - sad.

Offline Gordon Hughes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 13 April 19 17:25 BST (UK) »
Hi NenNen,

Oh, wow ! Are you able to share the photograph ? I'm in touch with 3rd cousins in North Wales. I was visiting one last year in Ruthin and she organised an informal get-together where 23 3rd cousins turned up, all descendants of Bryn Melyn. I know they would love to see any photographs you have. We also tried to get to see the place, but it had been raining and the track was impassable, although I'm told there's very little of it left now.

Kind regards, Gordon

Offline NenNen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 13 April 19 18:33 BST (UK) »
You've got me there!  Do I put them as attachments here or can I somehow email direct to you?  I have one dated 1949, 2 1980 & 4 taken this week.  I live in Hampshire & was on holiday & took my grandchildren to see where I used to holiday! The house had no running water, no electricity, no sanitation & my parents took 5 children to the 2 bedroomed house, often more,  & then we'd sleep in a tent in the garden if the house was full!  You can drive some way down the lane but it's not far to walk from either end.  The surface didn't seem to have changed much & with a 4 wheel drive you'd probably have no problem, but we didn't walk any further down from the top than to the ruins, so I can't comment on accesing from the bottom.

Offline Gordon Hughes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 14 April 19 08:32 BST (UK) »
Hi NenNen,
I've send you a private message with my email address.
Many thanks, Gordon.