Author Topic: Coyne, St. Michan's Parish, Dublin  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Missy3455

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Coyne, St. Michan's Parish, Dublin
« Reply #9 on: Friday 05 January 18 14:56 GMT (UK) »
worth checking Glasnevin Cemetery for possible burials  eg includes at least two Coyne children in the 1860s with address which includes "Church St", a Roger age 9 months in 1860, and a William age 10 months in 1862

Found these two as you posted, but looks like you have to be really specific with data you input. I've been more successful finding records just listing the last name and not a full name, but I will continue to follow up here. Thank you!!

Offline Missy3455

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 05 January 18 14:58 GMT (UK) »
Roger's parents decd  Eliza's father decd mother Wexford
https://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/display-pdf.jsp?pdfName=st.michans_mf_1856-1888_ma_0314

I clicked on the link that you attached and I actually downloaded this page previously. I'm not seeing where this info is unless I'm just not understanding what I'm reading. Well, nevermind, I just figured it out! The next to last column on the first page has what you just told me! I couldn't understand it until I zoomed it in really large! Thank you!!

Offline Missy3455

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 09 November 20 21:43 GMT (UK) »
I'm still at a loss with this family. I went to Dublin and found the two boys, William and Roderick, buried in Glasnevin. They had no other family members according to their records. That really sucked!
I was unable to go to the correct St. Michan's Parish as they weren't open at the time I was there. Hoping if I had a new post here, that someone may recognize this family.

The marriage record for Roger and Eliza list his parents as Roger and Mary. Have been unable to find them either. Their first child is John Joseph. He is the only one with a middle name AND I thought that by naming traditions, the child is usually named after the paternal grandfather....so you would think the first child would be Roger (Or Roderick). But, that's not the case. Roderick is the second child born to this couple. Eliza's father is William and that is another male child born after Roderick was born. So...lot's of confusion here.

They immigrated to the United States in 1865. Roger died in 1877 in Phillipsburg, NJ, however, I've still not found a death certificate, an obituary or anything that might help in determining when and how he died. His will is dated the day before he died. Eliza and Roger brought only 3 children with them to the states- John Joseph, Patrick and Francis. 2 more boys were born and survived in the states (Charles and Bernard?).  I was able to find out from St. Phillips and St. James Church that there was a female child baptized in the US, but there is no death record or burial location and Eliza's will only mentions the boys. No female child is buried where Roger and Eliza are buried (that I know of)