Author Topic: Brit who emigrates to Canada in the 1950s and comes back to the UK in 2016..  (Read 1424 times)

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Brit who emigrates to Canada in the 1950s and comes back to the UK in 2016..
« Reply #9 on: Friday 05 January 18 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi jibhauler14

We have a clearly defined 'no living people' policy

http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php

Whilst you are under the impression your person of interest has passed away, could you please return to your posts and remove the names of people who are potentially still alive using the 'modify' button?

Thanks.

I will be at the archives next week and can check the GRO England & Wales death index to see if there is an entry for her.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Brit who emigrates to Canada in the 1950s and comes back to the UK in 2016..
« Reply #10 on: Monday 08 January 18 20:45 GMT (UK) »
The death index for England & Wales is only available upto March 2017.

I checked 2016 and 2017 but there were no entries so far.

Chandler-Chelsea

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Father - swiving then vanishing since 1750
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 08:28 GMT (UK) »
The death index for England & Wales is only available upto March 2017.

I checked 2016 and 2017 but there were no entries so far.

Hi Dawn, where can you find the (more or less) up-to-date death index for England and Wales? Have I missed something? (I know that the A****y death records after 2008 are compiled from other sources). Thanks, Chris
Skelcey (Skelsey Skelcy Skeley Shelsey Kelcy Skelcher) - Warks, Yorks, Lancs <br />Hancox - Warks<br />Green - Warks<br />Draper - Warks<br />Lynes - Warks<br />Hudson - Warks<br />Morris - Denbs Mont Salop <br />Davies - Cheshire, North Wales<br />Fellowes - Cheshire, Denbighshire<br />Owens - Cheshire/North Wales<br />Hicks - Cornwall<br />Lloyd and Jones (Mont)<br />Rhys/Rees (Mont)

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 09:48 GMT (UK) »
GRO events after 2007 are located at 7 host sites on microfiche

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/most_customers_want_to_know.asp#FamilyHistory1

I use either the British Library or City of Westminster Archives

Chandler-Chelsea

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 13:28 GMT (UK) »
GRO events after 2007 are located at 7 host sites on microfiche

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/most_customers_want_to_know.asp#FamilyHistory1

I use either the British Library or City of Westminster Archives

Thanks Dawn. I probably need to save up all my mysteries and book a long session at Manchester Central Library.
Skelcey (Skelsey Skelcy Skeley Shelsey Kelcy Skelcher) - Warks, Yorks, Lancs <br />Hancox - Warks<br />Green - Warks<br />Draper - Warks<br />Lynes - Warks<br />Hudson - Warks<br />Morris - Denbs Mont Salop <br />Davies - Cheshire, North Wales<br />Fellowes - Cheshire, Denbighshire<br />Owens - Cheshire/North Wales<br />Hicks - Cornwall<br />Lloyd and Jones (Mont)<br />Rhys/Rees (Mont)

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 14:39 GMT (UK) »
I'm at either of the archives every week so you could send me a pm when you need a recent death look-up.

I'm not really up for speculative births or marriages after 2006. That's the realm of the GOONS.

Chandler-Chelsea

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 11 January 18 08:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the offer, Dawn,

I've been thinking about this and although I'm not looking up births or marriages, the deaths I'm looking up are nearly all of people (under 100) who according to the 1939 register have died, but whose death cannot be found in the GRO indexes up to 2007. So there's quite a big window to search in, which I wouldn't ask you to do.

I think my best option is to make a list of names and try them all at once at Manchester one day. Meantime, if I find I have one where I'm pretty sure when they died, I might take you up on your kind offer.

Chris

Chris