Author Topic: Dresser family, Parish of Eglingham, Northumberland England 1765  (Read 513 times)

Offline Reid Guthrie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dresser family, Parish of Eglingham, Northumberland England 1765
« on: Friday 05 January 18 15:43 GMT (UK) »
I am seeking a Dresser family who may have lived in Bewick Folly, Parish of Eglingham, Northumberland in the early 1760's. My DNA matched the Dresser Family, however, I have not been able to find the connection with a great grandfather.
The Guthrie Family

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Dresser family, Parish of Eglingham, Northumberland England 1765
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 January 18 17:23 GMT (UK) »
What is the name and date of your oldest ancestor please give us a year to work around
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Reid Guthrie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dresser family, Parish of Eglingham, Northumberland England 1765
« Reply #2 on: Friday 05 January 18 18:09 GMT (UK) »
I do not know the maiden name of the wife for William Guthrie. William was born around 1740. He married Elizabeth ?? around 1767, or before, when their child Thomas was born. He lived at Bewick Folly, parish of Eglingham. Thomas was baptized at Cheviot Street Chapel, not West Street Chapel as noted in the records. The two chapels were mixed up as I understand. My DNA matched the Dresser family DNA and I am wondering if Elizabeth's maiden name was Dresser. Elizabeth is actually six generations from me, however, according to the DNA rules there is a 70.93 percent chance that the Dresser's and Guthrie's have a common ancestor in six generations. I know the maiden names of all Guthrie's until Elizabeth. I just have another thought. If there is a Dresser family there did she marry a Guthrie not named William? There were more than one Guthrie family living there at the time, and I may have picked the wrong Guthrie as being in my family tree. William and Elizabeth are both family names which is why I chose them.
The Guthrie Family