Author Topic: Kilby Parish Register - Marriage of John Stephens to Sarah - COMPLETED  (Read 661 times)

Offline Rob - Leicester

• RootsChat Extra
  • You can't beat a centre parting...
    • View Profile
Kilby Parish Register - Marriage of John Stephens to Sarah - COMPLETED
« on: Saturday 06 January 18 22:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi All

I wonder if anyone could  have a look in Kilby PRs for a marriage of John Stephens to Sarah - around 1730?

I have been searching for the baptism (and parents) of Ann Stephens for many years. I have posted previously re her on the below link.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=634913.msg4826515#msg4826515

I have been laid up at home with a bad cold and decided to install the FamilySearch app on my phone. Whilst I was playing around with it I had another look at Ann and one thing lead to another and I now think she may have been baptised in Kilby 19 Mar 1738. Parents John and Sarah. There are other siblings born earlier.

I had previously thought that her husband John Langham had been born in Burton Overy - but today discovered that the Burton Overy 'John' had later married Ann Gale in the same village and so I have now ruled him out.

I have now found a John Langham baptised in Kilby 27 February 1746 as a possible future husband for Ann Stephens..

suddenly it all seems to be fitting in place! Hopefully this will still make sense when my cold has gone...

Thanks for reading

Rob

Grant, Green, Beyless, Coltman, Willis, Judge, Withers, Curtis, Ison, Pearson, Sims, Meadows, Gadsby, Burgess, Wilson, Keeling, Hooke, Suffolk, Shortland, Beeby, Rolfe, Brann, Sims, Henson, Warren, Pyle, Ball, Beck, Spencer, Kitchener, Washbrook, Sewell, Wheway, Hastings, Friswell, Redhouse, Plantagenet

Offline TonyV

• RootsChat Senior
  • Expect the unexpected (I forgot to!)
    • View Profile
Re: Kilby Parish Register - Marriage of John Stephens to Sarah - around 1730
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 January 18 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rob

I found that a John Stephens and Sarah Glover married on what looks like July 5th 1731 in Kilby

Tony

Offline Rob - Leicester

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Kilby Parish Register - Marriage of John Stephens to Sarah - COMPLETED
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 January 18 23:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tony

Thank you for such a fast reply...

That is great news - I think I finally have parents for Ann Stephens!

Really appreciated

Rob
Grant, Green, Beyless, Coltman, Willis, Judge, Withers, Curtis, Ison, Pearson, Sims, Meadows, Gadsby, Burgess, Wilson, Keeling, Hooke, Suffolk, Shortland, Beeby, Rolfe, Brann, Sims, Henson, Warren, Pyle, Ball, Beck, Spencer, Kitchener, Washbrook, Sewell, Wheway, Hastings, Friswell, Redhouse, Plantagenet

Offline TonyV

• RootsChat Senior
  • Expect the unexpected (I forgot to!)
    • View Profile
Re: Kilby Parish Register - Marriage of John Stephens to Sarah - around 1730
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 06 January 18 23:13 GMT (UK) »
My pleasure Rob

Kilby parish was a chancelry of the church in nearby Wigston and I've found that some BMB events took place in the Wigston church therefore despite the people concerned later stating that they were from Kilby. Not sure why. Maybe it was because they actually lived somewhere on the road between the two places so had a choice?

Tony

Offline Rob - Leicester

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Kilby Parish Register - Marriage of John Stephens to Sarah - COMPLETED
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 07 January 18 00:13 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that extra bit of info..

I just had a quick search in the Leicester Parish Register Viewer which I have on my PC - there are lots of Langham's registered in Wigston Magna. Very useful.

Again - much appreciated

Rob