Author Topic: Jael Phillmore Knight abt 1783  (Read 1225 times)

Offline nichbuket

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jael Phillmore Knight abt 1783
« on: Tuesday 09 January 18 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello!

We’ve been really struggling to find evidence of birth/baptism for a Jael Phillmore. She married Thomas Knight in February 1791 Figheldean and it lists her as of the same Parish. She was buried in Jan 1832 in Figheldean. It lists her as being born about 1773.

Weve been unable to find any record of a Jael Phillmore anywhere nor a Jael marrying a Phillmore Incase it was a second marriage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Nich
Klein, Comiss, Theobald, Hanney, Bernath, Salomonovics, Yakimovsky, Putney, Barlow, Beard, Gibbs, LeVierge, Tree, Trinder, Carter, Malpass, Crampin, Spurgin, Warner, Parker, Medcalf, Amer, Arnold,  Connelly,

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Jael Phillmore Knight abt 1783
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 14:58 GMT (UK) »
There are several trees online for this family, and they appear to have had six children between 1793 and 1810.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 16:10 GMT (UK) »
There are several trees online for this family, and they appear to have had six children between 1793 and 1810.
regards.

Unfortunately, the trees online which I have seen do not help with Jael's baptism and parents - which is what nichbuket was enquiring about.

The "usual suspects" don't help:
FamilySearch has nothing (apart from a tree)
FreeReg does not have many Wiltshire records (under 40,000 baptisms for the entire county)
The Wiltshire OPC site is in transition and not easily searchable.

Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nichbuket

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 17:24 GMT (UK) »
Yes. Thank you that’s the problem I’ve been running into. As for the trees online, the dates come from her burial record.

So many trees are very wrong. There are few that suggest she was born Wheeler and married a Phillmore but Jael Wheeler who married a Phillmore was born 1806 in a different area.
Klein, Comiss, Theobald, Hanney, Bernath, Salomonovics, Yakimovsky, Putney, Barlow, Beard, Gibbs, LeVierge, Tree, Trinder, Carter, Malpass, Crampin, Spurgin, Warner, Parker, Medcalf, Amer, Arnold,  Connelly,

Offline nichbuket

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jael Phillimore Knight abt 1773
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 June 18 20:21 BST (UK) »
I still haven't been able to stumble upon  a baptism for Jael but I did find something of interest.  I found a marriage for a Thomas Phillimore and Jane Wheeler 14 May 1765 • Figheldean, Wiltshire, England by license.  My Jael had 2 Wheeler witnesses at her wedding to Thomas Knight so I thought to dig deeper. 

While looking at the actual Wiltshire, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1916 I noticed that the names are written as Thomas Phillimore and Jane Wheeler, "Jane" signed her names as Jael.  Then on what appears to be a 1776 baptism for a daughter Elizabeth, it is once again Jael.

My question is, has anyone else seen Jane and Jael used interchangably? Should I try to start looking for Jane Phillimore born around 1773?

Thanks!