Author Topic: 1921 UK Census NEWS  (Read 10565 times)

Offline susieroe

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1921 UK Census NEWS
« Reply #36 on: Monday 15 January 18 09:52 GMT (UK) »
I just really want to see my Mum for the first time on the Census. I've got Dad as a toddler in 1911; that choked me up, I'll be the same with Mum. I'll check out my grandparents, and the great uncles and aunts; I know it's silly, but it's like bringing them all back to life again for those moments. It's a bit scary to think this Census is only 21 years before my birth - I never thought it would be catching me up when I first delved into the 1851!
Roe,Wells, Bent, Kemp, Weston
Bruin, Gillam, Hurd/Heard, Timson, All in Leicestershire. Keats (Kates)

https://ourkeatsfamilystory.blogspot.com/

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 15 January 18 14:31 GMT (UK) »
I must admit I find myself doing friends and other people's tree research for them, then spending AGES writing it all out for them, as a clear A2 or even A1 diagram, backed up with pages of notes ... in fact, I'm "actually" doing that for a distant almost rellie at present(too complicated to explain) - and not browsing round here after doing my daily penance at that Quiz!
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 15 January 18 16:10 GMT (UK) »

I hadn't realised that the 1921 will give ages in months and years! (Thanks to the person who put that on here).

I'm hoping that it will give me some pointer to pinning down a Birth for my Paternal Grandfather... (He died in 1937, and so not around for the 1939 Register).

Mind you, - I was expecting so much from the 1911, - and it wasn't any help with him at all sadly:-(

Is there any way at all that it might be released before 2021??

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 15 January 18 16:11 GMT (UK) »

I hadn't realised that the 1921 will give ages in months and years! (Thanks to the person who put that on here).

I'm hoping that it will give me some pointer to pinning down a Birth for my Paternal Grandfather... (He died in 1937, and so not around for the 1939 Register).

Mind you, - I was expecting so much from the 1911, - and it wasn't any help with him at all sadly:-(

Is there any way at all that it might be released before 2021??

Romilly.

It will not be released until 2022  ;)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 15 January 18 16:15 GMT (UK) »

Thanks Rosie, - I guess I'll just have to hang on until then! (Unless Guy manages to pull it off again:-)

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 15 January 18 16:25 GMT (UK) »
I won't hold my breath. 

He must already have spent a lot of time & effort getting access to records for us all that he has already done.  :)

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 15 January 18 16:52 GMT (UK) »
If they are asking for companies to start digitising it now,then it's going to take quite a while to do the work. I cannot see it being ready much before 2nd Jan 2022 anyway  ;D

Offline coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 15 January 18 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Only 4 years away, time will soon fly. And it is a myth that from 1801-1971 that our ancestors/rellies were promised that the census records would remain shut for 100 years. Guy said this promise only started in about 1981. 1851 was released in 1912. 1911 in 2008 after 97 years.
Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Monday 15 January 18 17:27 GMT (UK) »

I do remember reading on here, ( a while back) an explanation from Guy as to why the 1921 wouldn't be released early.

I can't find the Post though...

Romilly.
Researching: