Author Topic: Granville (george) Cuncliffe-Owen  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Beverley Robinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Granville (george) Cuncliffe-Owen
« Reply #9 on: Friday 12 January 18 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks this is brilliant as it confirms his place of birth . I am doing this research for my cousin.this is her grandfather who died when her father was 2. Her father ran away when he was 15. What we are seeking is details of his life prior to 1913 when he arrived in Hobart. Have boarding pass.

Offline Beverley Robinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 17 February 18 03:13 GMT (UK) »
 i Girl Guide sorry for delay in replying due illness Correct name is Granville Cuncliffe-owen.
I am now trying to find marriage for Cuncliffe-Owen and Ada Langon 31/5/1917. My cousin tells me it maybe Tasmania. Any help appreciated

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 17 February 18 03:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

His marriage notice found at Trove says,

The Age (Melbourne, Vic. : 1854 - 1954) 
Friday 29 June 1917

"CUNLIFFE-OWEN -- LONGDEN.  On the 31st May at Renton by Rev. Walter G. ROWE, Granville CUNLIFFE-OWEN eldest son of Mr and Mrs George Alexander CUNLIFFE-OWEN, Chili, South America to Ada Catherine third daughter of Mr and Mrs Walter LONGDEN, Geelong and granddaughter of Mrs LONGDEN and the late Captain LONGDEN, Geelong."

Regards,
Daisy

Thanks this is brilliant as it confirms his place of birth . I am doing this research for my cousin.this is her grandfather who died when her father was 2. Her father ran away when he was 15. What we are seeking is details of his life prior to 1913 when he arrived in Hobart. Have boarding pass.

I cannot see how the cutting confirms he was born in Chile. The notice is stating his parents ARE there in 1917. The notice is based on info SUBMITTED to the newspaper, who would have no obligation to check if a) those were his parents and b) if they were alive and living in Chile in South America.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 17 February 18 06:54 GMT (UK) »
here's the live link to Daisy's find from Trove for that marriage

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/154978826 29 June 1917, The Age.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.