Author Topic: Deegan  (Read 3832 times)

Offline Deegan Waterford

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Deegan
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 September 19 19:34 BST (UK) »
Yes, I have made a little progress with my search. How is this person related to Martin Deegan and what can I help you with?

Offline momdotts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 29 September 19 20:11 BST (UK) »
Have you found the birth or death information for Martin?
I have found Martin and Margaret Walsh's marriage record (which I'm sure you have also)… I have also found birth records for their children:  Brigit (1827), Mariam (1831), Meaghan? (1834), Jacob (1842) and Johannes (1845).  Johannes is her direct line. 

Offline J B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 30 September 19 10:04 BST (UK) »
John J Deegan, bp 7th Aug 1848 married Mary Goggin, New York, America, son of Martin Deegan & Margaret Walsh Waterford City

Offline momdotts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 30 September 19 11:37 BST (UK) »
Correct.... I have everything on John and Mary.  I am trying to go back in time toward Martin.  I, also, have been unable to locate his birth record and or death record.  I am hoping you found this. 

Offline Deegan Waterford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 30 September 19 18:08 BST (UK) »
I would like to speak to the person who is Martin Deegan&Margaret Walsh descendent. Which of Martin and Margaret (m.1826) children are you enquiring about?  Is it John Deegan married Mary Goggin? We have managed to trace some of these children of Martin and Margaret but we are still missing a few. I would like to know more about this person who wants the information and which line they are please.

Offline momdotts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 30 September 19 21:24 BST (UK) »
We are not inquiring about any of Martin & Margaret Walsh's children.  We have all of that.  We are trying to find Martin's birth and death and Margaret Walsh's  In the early marriage Ballybicken records (1796-1810), we have only found 1 or 2 Duggan/Deegan/Diggan's.  One was a bride and the other was a witness.   I shall have the actual decendent open an account on Wednesday, when I see her again at the FHC, where I volunteer

Offline Deegan Waterford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 01 October 19 14:04 BST (UK) »
We have no death or birth for Martin the only record we have is the marriage to Margaret Walsh. There is a record for a death for a Martin Deegan 1883 this is Martin and Margarets Son Martin died aged 30. We have found records for Martin/Margarets grandchildren. Would be very helpful to connect to the person who is searching. Interested to know the two records you have found in early Ballybricken records to see and compare if I have them already. I did find another record for possible sibling to Martin not confirmed. I can try dig out that record and other leads as it is not to hand at the moment. Would love to have the death for Martin married to Margaret Walsh.

Offline tlotoole

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 24 March 22 01:41 GMT (UK) »
I believe this to be my direct line, as my great-grandfather John Deegan was born January of 1845. I was told that my great grandfather did not have siblings, so there are many things about this family tree that are perplexing. If my tree is correct, Margaret Walsh lived in Michigan, then Montana, but was a widow during those times. I have many questions and would like share research, if you are open to that.  Thank you for your consideration -- I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Tara O'Toole-Mattson

Offline tlotoole

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 24 March 22 01:50 GMT (UK) »
Above is only IF they were RC!!

As Martin and Margaret married 1826 in an RC church, it's reasonable to think Martin may have been RC.

There were DEEGANs in Dublin and DIGGENs in Kerry c1800, but I haven't found Martin yet.

Philip

I'm looking to confirm Martin and Margaret as my great-grandfather's parents. My great-grandfather was John Deegan, born January 1845. I'm trying to decipher if this was the only Deegan family in County Waterford. Would appreciate any advice or help you may have to offer.

Tara O'Toole-Mattson