Author Topic: Felicitas Garden Ross  (Read 625 times)

Offline littlesis 76

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Felicitas Garden Ross
« on: Wednesday 17 January 18 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am trying to find this lady Felicitas Garden Ross after she travelled to Quebec from England  in 1927
She was born the 9th May 1900 in Hampstead London.
Her parents were a very complicated pair and would like to see if Felicitas has any relations in Quebec that maybe I could contact with regards to Felicitas and her parents but I cannot find her on anything once she arrived in Canada

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Felicitas Garden Ross
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 18:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

The incoming passenger list shows that Felicitas is going to a friend, Miss Barbara Arnold, in Toronto (55 Victory Avenue)

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01lcn/

RK

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Looks like she was going to a friend Mrs Barbara Arnold 55 Victory Avenue Toronto. There are no BMD records in Canada, so it will be difficult to discover if she married.

Sandra

Sorry RK took a phone call before I'd posted  ::)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline littlesis 76

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Run kitty,I have spent ages looking at Quebec for records but will now change to Toronto and see if she turns up there. I can not find a record more records for her in England  so thinking she must of stayed in Canada
Thank you again :)

Offline littlesis 76

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 18:33 GMT (UK) »
And Thank you Sandra .I need to see if she got married and possibly came back but having looked on the 1939 there is no Felicitas born 1900 that I can see .
Am hoping she married as and had children as her sister who stayed in England died with no descendants

Offline littlesis 76

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 18:35 GMT (UK) »
And Thank you Sandra .I need to see if she got married and possibly came back but having looked on the 1939 there is no Felicitas born 1900 that I can see .
Am hoping she married  and had children as her sister who stayed in England died with no descendants
Oh dear just seen your post Sandra about marriages ....wish things were easier with this family they are really driving me insane !

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked the death notices/wills of other siblings to see if she was mentioned  ???

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline littlesis 76

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 18:50 GMT (UK) »
There is nothing i am afraid .Her older sister's grandson had never heard of her and am afraid the parents change their name on different records,lie about being married ,change their place of birth to different country and I believe had a poor couple reg her oldest sister as they were not married and possibly were closely related.
The mother was hiding from something and I am unsure what
A will would be wonderful but nothing :(