Author Topic: Templeton Family (Ballylinney/Carnmoney/Mallusk)  (Read 4735 times)

Offline lmgnz

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Templeton Family (Ballylinney/Carnmoney/Mallusk)
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 02 December 18 12:48 GMT (UK) »
If you remember I mentioned that my Barron connections are from the Wiley family of Ballycushiom.

Well; Catherine McBride b 20 Sep 1867, mother of Thomas Carruth McMurray, was the daughter of Daniel McBride b c 1833, whose mother was Agnes Wiley. Yet another of my Wiley siblings, daughter of Hugh Wiley of Ballycushion. Agnes is a relatively recent addition to my Wiley family and the source for this is Ron Coleman's research.

I have not as yet followed through on any of Catherine's family, most of whom have green hints by their names in my Graham tree.

Offline jason mac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 02 December 18 13:57 GMT (UK) »
Is it possible that your line links with another Daniel McBride?  There is a second Daniel McBride of roughly the same age present in the area of Mallusk/Kilgreel/Craigarogan.  My recollection is he also had a daughter called Catherine.  I had to disentangle the 2 lines when working out my own line. 

On wikitree my Catherine McBride's grandparents are listed as John McBride and Ellen McKeown.  However I cannot confirm this part of the tree is correct as I have not researched that far back in my McBride lines.  The earlier information was supplied by another Wikitree member who had created that part of the tree.

Offline jason mac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 02 December 18 14:01 GMT (UK) »

Offline lmgnz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 03 December 18 06:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jason

Yes that is possible. There are two possible places of mis-identity. One is matching JOhn McBride of Kilgreel with the John McBride of Craigarogan who died 1869.

Ron Coleman records that Nancy, daughter of Hugh of Ballycushion,  married John McBride of Kilgreel on 12 Oct 1829.
John had previously been married to Hannah Douglas who had presumably died in childbirth in 1829, when daughter Margaret McBride was born.

One of Ron Colemans sources was the “Agnes Cross Douglas Temple” records of 1892. Agnes Cross Douglas being one of the early LDS members, who went to Utah.  Agnes nee Cross born 1816 in Carnmoney, returned to Ireland several times, including 1891, to visit family and collect names for the Utah temple records.

Family of John McBride and Agnes Wiley
   John McBride
   Martha McBride
   Jane McBride         b c1831   married Joseph McGlatthery
   Daniel McBride      b c 1825   married Agnes Rea      d 1912
   Letitia McBride      b c 1839   married Daniel McBride   d 1884
   Mary McBride      b c 1839   married Arthur Ritchie   d 1922
   James Alexander McBride   b c 1841   married  1868 Catherine Richey  d 1915
Francis McBride       b c 1848   married Margaret Mclaughlin

John McBride of Craigarogan died 9 Apr 1869 and left a will.

The Will of John M'Bride late of Craigarogan County Antrim Farmer deceased who died 9 April 1869 at same place was proven at Belfast by the oaths of Daniel M'Bride of Malusk and James M'Bride of Craigarogan both in (Templepatrick) said County.Farmers the Executors.

John left  money to his two oldest daughters (I beleive from his first marriage): Isabella McBride otherwise McKeown and Elizabeth McBride otherwise Agnew, but his son from his first marriage, David Douglas McBride  b1813 was not named in John’s will. David was already living in Australia by 1844.

John then went on to name his daughters Jane McBride otherwise McGladdery, Letitia Mcbride, Mary McBride otherwise Ritchie, and Martha McBride.

He also listed his sons, John , James, Daniel and Francis.

I think the twooldest daughters corresponded

I will need to look in my Ancestry tree to see why I have this Daniel married to Agnes Rea and father of Catherine b 20 Sep 1867.

Cheers

Linda

Offline lmgnz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 03 December 18 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Checking back to Ron Coleman's Rootsweb site he does have Isabella McBride, b c 1824 daughter of John McBride and Hannah Douglass, noted as married to Andrew McKeown of Ballutoag. This fits with the John McBride of Craigarogan's will.

https://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:3134031&id=I28969

But he has a different husband for Jane McBride, daughter of John McBride and Agnes Wiley. So again there is room for error.

Offline jason mac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 03 December 18 14:09 GMT (UK) »
I have found 3 relevant McBride marriages:-
Daniel McBride of Umgall, father Francis McBride married Catherine McLaughlin of Kilgreel, father John McLaughlin.  Married on 17/10/1865 at Lylehill Presbyterian.
I suspect this is the other Daniel McBride in the 1901 census.  The family has a William McLaughlin resident in the household.
Daniel McBride of Craigarogan, father John McBride married Nancy Rea of Kilgreel, father John Rea.  Married 06/04/1860 at 1st Antrim Presbyterian.
Daniel McBride of Belfast, age 33, father Daniel McBride, a farmer, married Letitia McBride of Templepatrick, age 27, father John McBride, a farmer at St Anne’s Church of Ireland, Belfast on 26th July 1862.