Author Topic: Samuel Robert Early London Regiment  (Read 583 times)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Samuel Robert Early London Regiment
« on: Wednesday 24 January 18 17:01 GMT (UK) »
My daughter has a silver WW1 medal issued to the family of Private Samuel Robert Early of the London Regiment . It was found in a flat in New Cross occupied then by her husband who was then a student. A search at the time uncovered that he was killed in 1918, and had a son xxxxx Early and a grandson xxxxxx Early, unfortunately she was unable to re-unite the medal with its familial owners. If anyone knows Barry Leonard Early, or indeed xxxxx himself or a descendant, please contact me so that I can put him in touch with my daughter who will re-unite him with the medal.

MOD COMMENT: Details of potentially living people to protect privace removed in accordance with Rootschat policy
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Robert Early London Regiment
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 19:51 GMT (UK) »
Trying to find a likely area of the country (thinking letter to a local newspaper).

Samuel Robert Early was only 18 when he died.  He left his effects to his grandmother Eliza with whom he was living in 1911.  There doesn't appear to be a marriage for him so the other two, if related, wouldn't be son and grandson.

Confusingly, another Samuel Robert Early who was married died in Newington in 1929 but there could well be a connection as they were both south Londoners.

Both xxxxx and xxxx can be found in the BMD registers but I haven't been able to connect them - I'm sure someone will though!!

MaxD

PS  Not that I know anything about it (too long in the tooth) but Facebook??)

MOD COMMENT: Details of potentially living people to protect privace removed in accordance with Rootschat policy
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 18:49 GMT (UK) »
I am not sure how, but my daughter has told me she has established contact with the family, and is returning the medal.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Delighted to hear it, good for her!

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia