Author Topic: REUSE  (Read 940 times)

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
REUSE
« on: Saturday 27 January 18 23:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

I apologise if this has been asked before, or (as the case may be) I am being totally daft. Today I was looking through the 'Parish' tab on An***try, when came across what Anc* are calling a 'new' collection.

What is it ? Nothing happens when I click on it, it just tells me to go tback to the prior page. I've added a snippet.

Thanks in advance

Claire
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mijath

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: REUSE
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 January 18 00:09 GMT (UK) »
It must just be an error or some sort of placeholder.

It can't possibly be anything new, since ancestry appears to have stopped adding fresh material to its UK collections. :)
Thorpe, Feak & Townsend (Norfolk) / Ormandy & Slater (Dalton-in-Furness) / Corner (Liverpool) / Wray (Lincolnshire) / Fidler, Bridge & Turner (Derbyshire)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 January 18 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Not related to the original post, but according to the Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre website the Wiltshire Wills are due to become available on Ancestry on Tuesday.  Now that is about the fourth date that has appeared on their site for the release but hopefully this time it'll happen.

I agree with mijath that the OP would appear to be a placeholder or error, that said Ancestry have had a link on a page on their website relating to records the hold for WSHC for the Wills for several months but when you click on it you just get an error.  Hopefully that'll change on Tuesday ..
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 28 January 18 00:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thank-you to both of you. Especially the date for the Wiltshire Wills Collection which I've been waiting for.

Claire
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk