Author Topic: Christiana Munro, daughter of John and Margaret. Who were they?  (Read 12171 times)

Offline gregperth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Of Irish, English, Scottish & German.
    • View Profile
Re: Christiana Munro, daughter of John and Margaret. Who were they?
« Reply #126 on: Friday 31 August 18 04:49 BST (UK) »
Update following someone's suggestions about information on HP Duton, who Christiana worked for. I couldn't find anything and neither could the University of Newcastle. I do love the bit about who Dutton is related to, though.
"... no holdings which relates specifically to Henry Pelerin Dutton, beyond an entry in the East Maitland parish register for the baptism of his son Charles in 1835, where the father is described as “merchant and settler” in the district of Patrick’s Plains, i.e. the country around Singleton, and another from the Singleton register for the baptism of his son Henry in 1840, where he is described simply as “settler.” The N.S.W. Directory for 1837 gives the name of his establishment as “Woodvine,” but the name is no longer to be found in the district. From what I’ve found online (which you may have found also), it appears that he became insolvent in 1844, and that the family subsequently relocated to Queensland. Interestingly, though, it turns out that he is Peter Dutton’s great-great-great grandfather: https://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/dutton-through-the-ages?utm_term=.shLVAKW7EG#.meN1EdJo6N 
Smith, Munro, Perrin, Doyle, Wilkinson, Dewhurst, Hogan, Kenny, Carey, Travers, Mooney, Court, Edyvean, Hennig, Fiat, Jerome, Earle, Porter, Green, Tanton, Balls, Simpson, Mallett, Jessup, Lancaster, Paton, McMahon, Cahill, Morse, Cartwright, Wells, Hardy, Rice, Riley,