Author Topic: christiana Munro. Mum and dad, John & Margaret. Who were they?  (Read 1626 times)

Offline gregperth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Of Irish, English, Scottish & German.
    • View Profile
christiana Munro. Mum and dad, John & Margaret. Who were they?
« on: Monday 29 January 18 04:22 GMT (UK) »
There are three of us in Australia who want to know. In fact, there's only one now. The other two gents ((one of whom has been searching for nine years) have given up. I hold on to hope.

These Munros are either from Sutherland, or Ross-shire. Here's the story. Hope someone can shed light, as it will save my eyes, neck and fingers.

My third great-grandmother Christiana Munro(e) emigrated from Cromarty to Sydney aboard the Lady McNaughton in 1838, arriving 1839. She came as part of the Bounty Scheme, with Donald McDonald's family – a large one, with wife Mary and six children.

From her immigration card she is listed as a "native" of Dornoch, the daughter of John Munro, a farmer in the parish of Logie and Margaret Munro(e), his wife.  Age was 24 on embarkation (birth circa 1814). Occupation, dairymaid.

She married English convict James Everson in 1840.

Unfortunately, that's all I have to go on. I have tried tracing her through Scotland's people but there are many Christy or Christiana Munros born to a John Munro and Margaret (surname unknown).

Greg Smith
Perth, Australia

Locked to prevent duplication of effort , please reply here -
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=786759.0
Smith, Munro, Perrin, Doyle, Wilkinson, Dewhurst, Hogan, Kenny, Carey, Travers, Mooney, Court, Edyvean, Hennig, Fiat, Jerome, Earle, Porter, Green, Tanton, Balls, Simpson, Mallett, Jessup, Lancaster, Paton, McMahon, Cahill, Morse, Cartwright, Wells, Hardy, Rice, Riley,