Author Topic: Mary Holland - convict - tried in Surrey  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Joany

• RootsChat Extra
  • ANCHOR FAST ANCHOR
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Holland - convict - tried in Surrey
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 08:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Solidrock, I am on the trusted list of that person and the Mary Holland that was born at Bexhill is not the Mary Hall the Convict.  We have checked all that out.  We are leaving the Mother there for the time being so as to not keep getting messages to merge them. Nothing has been proved as yet but a lady wrote saying that the Mary Hall born in Bexhill died in Bexhill aged 66 and unmarried. Never left the UK. I have been checking things out for over 3 weeks and have exhausted my links except for you wonderful people.  Cheers Joan
Bray, Bawden/Bowden, Williams, Jones,  Gray, Bentley, Naylor, Cooper, Chant. Plus many more now.

Offline matthewj64

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 09:09 GMT (UK) »
An article about her in the Kempsey Museum newsletter

http://www.kempseymuseum.org/userfiles/newsletters/newsletter%201611.pdf

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 13:40 GMT (UK) »
If Mary Holland was indeed a native of Surrey I think the biggest stumbling block is that she is listed as being a Catholic - I'm not sure that there are many RC church records for Surrey online for the relevant time.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Joany

• RootsChat Extra
  • ANCHOR FAST ANCHOR
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 14:42 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Matthewj64, Annette7 and others.  That article is great.  I see that the author has had trouble finding her birth date as well.  Somehow I doubt if her birth was ever recorded.  We are progressing some and I thank you all so much.  The birth date 1 July 1775 is just one of a few dates we have for her birth. 
Cheers Joan
Bray, Bawden/Bowden, Williams, Jones,  Gray, Bentley, Naylor, Cooper, Chant. Plus many more now.