Author Topic: Michael Kelly 54th Foot / 3rd Foot  (Read 402 times)

Offline Casabeag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Michael Kelly 54th Foot / 3rd Foot
« on: Wednesday 31 January 18 18:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Would anybody have access to the following Military records, my g.g.grandfather Michael Kelly served in the 54th Foot/3rd Foot he was born in 1840 in Dublin, his service number was 481 (I got this from one set of records that i obtained but there looks to be others with this name and number).

I recently got my g.grandfathers marriage cert and his father Michael is listed as deceased this was in 1905 (Dublin), his mother is listed as Mary Carroll also deceased.  I am looking for information on this branch of the family.

TIA

Researching Shiels/McGrane/Kelly/Carroll/Adamson/McGrane family history

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Kelly 54th Foot / 3rd Foot
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 February 18 17:57 GMT (UK) »
hi..what is the source of your information that he was in the 54th or 3rd foot?

there is a service record on findmypast for Michael Kelly b 1840 Dublin in the 54th foot.
the other records you quote are the 1861 army index,,and the 1871 army index.....basically telling you where he was stationed in those years,

MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Casabeag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 December 18 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi found marriage cert from 1871 to Mary Carroll, in cert it says under residence ditto does this mean she was in the army also?
Researching Shiels/McGrane/Kelly/Carroll/Adamson/McGrane family history

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 December 18 01:03 GMT (UK) »
No, she lived in the same place, it's not very clear but probably the Curragh Camp.
You can't fish on a empty stomach so give the man one or two records so he knows how good it tastes.