Author Topic: Funeral Home dilemma - Thomas BRUGMAN, Dargaville.  (Read 5917 times)

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
Re: Funeral Home dilemma - Thomas BRUGMAN, Dargaville.
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 04 February 18 10:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello again.

This posting has generated emails to me privately, from around the world. A genealogist in Scotland saw fit to supply me with this link, to a case that recently went before their court.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-40608002

I don't envy undertakers and the role they have, of meeting civil duties, while allowing families and friends, time to grieve and say good bye. I am am an estate executor, and have been one on a number of occasions, both through natural death, and accidental death. It is never easy.

So to those of you on this thread, offering your time, and expertise, I salute you.

Alan.
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 05 February 18 20:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi TreeSpirit,
I also have found nothing further apart from a marriage of the parents.
It would be helpful to have a DOB or YOB of Thomas Brugman to assist with the searching.  I have asked the FD for this information and sent them information that I had located, but have heard nothing further from them to date.

Wendy

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 05 February 18 20:41 GMT (UK) »
I see that various genealogy groups are helping in this search

Cheers Janette

Offline TwiggyTree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 05 February 18 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Can you list Janette, just in case any public information helps us here further?
...out of, through, and back from New Zealand to the ends of the Earth

FRYER - MITCHELL - DUKE - WHYTE - McDONALD - TAYLOR - CARPENTER - HARRIS - WILLIAMS - CUNNINGHAME - LUCAS - WHITE - BOTHAM - HOLDAWAY - EYLES - OLSEN - CHASE - TRAILL - BAGGS - HASKINS - EDWARDS - CHING - SHIELDS - POLLARD - HOGAN - SMITH - STANLEY - HALL - ROBERTS - LARKHAM

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 05 February 18 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi TwiggyTree and Janette,
Most of the information is already posted here with links.  See earlier post re my request to Archives NZ to check Alien Registration and Immigration files and pass any relevant info to FD.
Death notices in NZ for two females with maiden name of Brugman have been passed to FD - one is already mentioned in #2 which could be followed up with the FDs by the Dargaville FD.
If you would like this information please PM me.
If Thomas Brugman was a NZ citizen the FD could follow up with the Passport Office, Internal Affairs for NOK (if application still retained), otherwise the Dutch embassy might be able to assist if not already contacted.  Perhaps Interpol might also be able to assist?

Wendy

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 05 February 18 22:23 GMT (UK) »
Can you list Janette, just in case any public information helps us here further?

There is a TM thread  that I started and I have seen it on FB as well.Both groups need membership

Cheers Janette

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 05 February 18 22:25 GMT (UK) »
A couple of comments from TM

https://gazette.govt.nz/notice/id/1997-lt8267

20 NOV 1997
Notice Number 1997-lt8267
Page Number 3851

Land Transfers/Joint Family Homes
Land Transfer Act Notice I hereby give notice of my intention to issue new or provisional instruments of title in place of those declared lost and described in the Schedule below upon the expiration of 14 days from the date of this publication. Schedule (Certificate of title reference unless otherwise stated; registered proprietors name; application number.)
Thomas Leonardus Brugman; D. 213512. 11. 27D/926;
Dated at the Auckland Land Information New Zealand Office this 14th day of November 1997. D. A. CHAPMAN, District Land Registrar.

Thomas Leonardus Brugman, born 17 Dec 1933, Rotterdam, Netherlands?

Cheers Janette

Offline TwiggyTree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 05 February 18 23:43 GMT (UK) »
Thanks gals.

Janette that DOB in the Land transfer certainly helps link what Tree Spirit found in the Dutch archives.

FRYER - MITCHELL - DUKE - WHYTE - McDONALD - TAYLOR - CARPENTER - HARRIS - WILLIAMS - CUNNINGHAME - LUCAS - WHITE - BOTHAM - HOLDAWAY - EYLES - OLSEN - CHASE - TRAILL - BAGGS - HASKINS - EDWARDS - CHING - SHIELDS - POLLARD - HOGAN - SMITH - STANLEY - HALL - ROBERTS - LARKHAM

Offline TwiggyTree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 04:42 GMT (UK) »
Just in case it helps us not double-up contact with living people...

I have sent into the internet ether:

1 an email to former BRUGMANs who used to live in NZ but are now in the States (reply #4);

2 and to a remote BRUGMAN descendant of Henricus Albertus Laurentius BRUGMAN (Archway) living in Brisbane, Australia to see if there is a connection.

3 The 1989 BRUGMAN [microfiche] birth in NZ is sadly deceased.

4 There is a living BRUGMAN [family] in the South Island not listed in the White Pages that I am seeking a contact for.

Would searching the female BRUGMAN marriages on microfiche be helpful?  I may be able to do it Thursday.