Author Topic: Funeral Home dilemma - Thomas BRUGMAN, Dargaville.  (Read 5919 times)

Offline TwiggyTree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Funeral Home dilemma - Thomas BRUGMAN, Dargaville.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 February 18 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Noted in case related:
Passage Wellington to Rotterdam in 1964 for a XXXXX Brugman (not Thomas), aged 19 years.

Edit: could still be living so message for details.
...out of, through, and back from New Zealand to the ends of the Earth

FRYER - MITCHELL - DUKE - WHYTE - McDONALD - TAYLOR - CARPENTER - HARRIS - WILLIAMS - CUNNINGHAME - LUCAS - WHITE - BOTHAM - HOLDAWAY - EYLES - OLSEN - CHASE - TRAILL - BAGGS - HASKINS - EDWARDS - CHING - SHIELDS - POLLARD - HOGAN - SMITH - STANLEY - HALL - ROBERTS - LARKHAM

Offline TwiggyTree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 February 18 19:47 GMT (UK) »
I have also stumbled upon living BRUGMAN (NZ residents in their 60's) who appear to live outside of NZ at present; and were advertising to have come back 2016/2017.

Message for details.

FRYER - MITCHELL - DUKE - WHYTE - McDONALD - TAYLOR - CARPENTER - HARRIS - WILLIAMS - CUNNINGHAME - LUCAS - WHITE - BOTHAM - HOLDAWAY - EYLES - OLSEN - CHASE - TRAILL - BAGGS - HASKINS - EDWARDS - CHING - SHIELDS - POLLARD - HOGAN - SMITH - STANLEY - HALL - ROBERTS - LARKHAM

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 02 February 18 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Seems to that if the funeral director is acting at the request of a social worker then it is the responsibility of the social worker's employer to foot the bill.

Hello

As the article explains, in NZ it is not as simple as that. While in the past the undertaker may have proceeded, today to cover themselves, they require a Court order, or instructions from an executor, normally family.

Alan.

PS. I now have had contact from the funeral home. They are still searching for information, and would appreciate any help you can offer re the living relatives to:-

Deleted , see further replies.

Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline TwiggyTree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 04 February 18 03:29 GMT (UK) »
Just for the record:

I have looked through the microfiche births from 1936 - 1990; and the grooms marriages from 1947 - 1990.

It looks like there may have been at least 3 BRUGMAN families in New Zealand during this timeframe.

I also looked through the current electoral rolls and Thomas Leonardus BRUGMAN in Northland, was the only one I found (although 3 volumes were elsewhere and I will look them up if necessary in due course)

Happy to supply information via pm to anyone else trying to piece together this mystery.

Another thought is that if Thomas was involved in his own hospital admission, it asks for next-of-kin so I wonder if that avenue has been tried.

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 04 February 18 04:08 GMT (UK) »
Reply No 11

Alan, not sure where you obtained this email address from but it appears to be the email address of a Funeral Director in Ontario, Canada.

Wendy

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 04 February 18 04:15 GMT (UK) »
The correct email for Hart's in Dargaville is at the top of this list

https://www.fdanz.co.nz/fdanz-funeral-directors

Cheers Janette

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 04 February 18 04:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Janette for the correct email address.

Also to let other Rootchatters know who are posting, that I have sent a request to Archives NZ (Wellington office) to see if they will check the Alien Registration file and Immigration file for Thomas Leonardus Brugman, and advise the Funeral Director whether there are any details of family members contained in the files.

Wendy

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 04 February 18 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Seems to that if the funeral director is acting at the request of a social worker then it is the responsibility of the social worker's employer to foot the bill.

Hello

As the article explains, in NZ it is not as simple as that. While in the past the undertaker may have proceeded, today to cover themselves, they require a Court order, or instructions from an executor, normally family.

Alan.

PS. I now have had contact from the funeral home. They are still searching for information, and would appreciate any help you can offer re the living relatives to:-

Address supplied deleted. [See below]

A big OOps on my part. Thought I was doing a search of NZ web sites. At least the article did originate from Dargaville New Zealand, and I did talk to the right funeral home.

Proves that you can never be too careful.

Alan.
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 04 February 18 09:47 GMT (UK) »
I suspect that this might be him with his parents (both dentists) and siblings in Rotterdam. When the father dies in 1956 all the siblings are still alive, but I can't find a sign of life for them after this.

http://www.stadsarchief.rotterdam.nl/maisi_ajax_proxy.php?mivast=184&mizig=100&miadt=184&miaet=185&micode=494-03&minr=16100977&milang=nl&misort=last_mod%7Cdesc&mip1=brugman&mip3=bernardus%20josephus&miview=viewer2

PS there is a Josephus Bernardus Brugman listed in Archway. Because of the specific names I am wondering whether he is related and maybe even an older brother with his names swapped around.