Author Topic: Where are my paternal ancestors?  (Read 5002 times)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Re: Where are my paternal ancestors?
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 12 December 18 14:05 GMT (UK) »
Lizzie, I recently had an mtDNA test done by FTDNA, if you wish I will send you the details so you can access the results. These eye colours are common to both my late father, my brother and family, me likewise, and our cousin and her daughters.Clearly DNA is a very complex subject, certainly not understood by me.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 12 December 18 15:17 GMT (UK) »
Roger - I can't remember are you descended from female Stantons?  I'd be happy to view your results, although whether I'd understand them is a different matter.

Unfortunately, my missing g.grandfather is on my paternal line, so your results won't help with that.  I should put my Ancestry DNA onto Gedmatch and see if anything helpful turns up.  My half 2nd cousin etc. is descended from one of my paternal g.grandmothers but from her first husband, my g.grandfather was her "2nd husband" although no-one can find a marriage certificate.  My g.grandmother's daughter (my paternal gran), married someone descended from the Stantons.  However, my gran's father is the one whose origins I can't find, who is supposed to be Spanish (and possibly Jewish).

Mine and my eldest son's Ethnicity estimates are:

England,Wales & N.W.Europe - Mine 89%  Son 85%   = 89%/85%
Ireland & Scotland - 6%/5%
European Jewish - 1%/1%
Spain - 2%/0%
Sardinia - 2%/0%
Sweden - 0%/6%
Germanic European - 0%/3%

So I guess his blond hair etc comes form the Swedish/German European.

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 12 December 18 20:46 GMT (UK) »
The female side Lizzie. Laetitia Stanton b1822 Heckington m Josh Burton b 1815? Pinchbeck, both Lincs. Laetitia Burton b1859 Pinchbeck was my grandmother. She m Richard Luffman b1828 They had two children, my father and his older sister alucy Ida Kathleen b1895 whose daughter is the lady in question. Incidentallyy DNA is 15% British Isles  84% Western Europe,1%
noise. The 84% Western Europe is ironic as I am a keen Brexiteer!
Will send key to my results tomorrow.
Roger
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 13 December 18 12:41 GMT (UK) »
The 84% Western Europe is ironic as I am a keen Brexiteer!
  Me too and mine is 89%. 

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 13 December 18 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Oh yes, Laetitia Stanton is your g.grandmother and my 1st cousin 5 times removed.  (I have her married to a Thomas Burton, baptised 22.12.1815 Pinchbeck, Lincs not a Josh Burton).

Her father Edward Stanton born 1784 is my 4 x g.g.uncle and his father Edward Stanton 1739-1805 my 5 x g.grandfather.  I think Edward Stanton 1739-1805 is your 3 x g.grandfather.  You are, according to my Legacy tree, my 4th cousin twice removed.

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 13 December 18 14:36 GMT (UK) »
Thats right Lizzie, it is Thomas, whose father was Joseph (Josh) Burton (1792-1884!) If I follow him I've got a bit to go yet!

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 13 December 18 14:39 GMT (UK) »
Thats right Lizzie, it is Thomas, whose father was Joseph (Josh) Burton (1792-1884!) If I follow him I've got a bit to go yet!

I haven't traced the Burton line, as Thomas Burton is "only" the husband of my 1st cousin 5 times removed and that is a step too far, even for me.

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 13 December 18 14:45 GMT (UK) »
And confirm this particular Edward Stanton ( I know of 11!) as my 3x great grandfather. Lost at least one generation due to the late marriage of my grandparents ( In the case of grandfather Luffman a very late second marriage age 67) Obviously a bit of a lad as my aunt Ida was born 5 months after the marriage!! Understand why you haven't followed the Burton line, of course it is direct for me. I believe it goes back to an aristocratic family in the immediate area who backed losing side (Parliament) after the 1660 Restoration, one was executed and the name only reappeared c1770 as farm labourers in the Pinchbeck area,so if I'm right it was heads down for 110 years!