Author Topic: Avarina James burial site  (Read 1232 times)

Offline JJonesThomas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Avarina James burial site
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 29 March 18 20:18 BST (UK) »
I meant Anne. 😊

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 31 March 18 18:53 BST (UK) »
The mention of a child fathered by a land-owning Richards caught my eye. I have  a relative, a certain Rev. Thomas Richards, (1762-1852), who was a widower at the time when Avarina was born.
 He owned the Carrog Estate at Llanddeinol, (comprising 14 farms and a dozen houses). I've always been suspicious of this Clergyman; (despite his age). He had a town house at Bridge  Street, Aberystwyth.
Richards in Anglesey. Liverpool, Cardiganshire.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline JJonesThomas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 31 March 18 21:53 BST (UK) »
Oh wow, thatís very interesting. My cousin was told by her mother that Avarina was the result of a liaison with a wealthy landowner. The father is not noted on the birth certificate. My cousin has looked into this and found that the local gentry were the Richards family.

Iím not sure how I can actually find more information on this though.

Offline JJonesThomas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 31 March 18 21:55 BST (UK) »
I hadI just looked at her birth certificate and she was born in 1854.

Offline Tannie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 31 March 18 22:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks for your reply - no, Mick is the grandson of your grandmother's sister, Hannah Gwen (known as Gwen). His mother's name was Myra. Tydfil did have a son named Michael (he died about 7 yrs ago). he was Mick's Godfather.
Apparently, there were four of the daughters who left Wales: Mick met Aunty Ina, Tydvil, his Nan - obviously and Alwyn (Olwyn), we're not sure how her name is spelt and can't find a Birth record because of this.... He has a vague recollection of meeting his grandmother's brother (one of them)...
Mick's mum has died but his dad still sees Tydvil's other son, Tony, at least once a year.

We live in East Grinstead, West Sussex. Gwen (Hannah) came to Surrey - South Godstone - and was in service from approximately 14 years old for a family who lived in a house called 'Hartsridge' in Harts lane...
Whereabouts are you??
It would be lovely to 'chat' more, either on this site or by email - tan64@hotmail.co.uk.

Tanya