Author Topic: Avarina James burial site  (Read 3862 times)

Offline JJonesThomas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Avarina James burial site
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 29 March 18 20:18 BST (UK) »
I meant Anne. 😊

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 31 March 18 18:53 BST (UK) »
The mention of a child fathered by a land-owning Richards caught my eye. I have  a relative, a certain Rev. Thomas Richards, (1762-1852), who was a widower at the time when Avarina was born.
 He owned the Carrog Estate at Llanddeinol, (comprising 14 farms and a dozen houses). I've always been suspicious of this Clergyman; (despite his age). He had a town house at Bridge  Street, Aberystwyth.
Richards in Anglesey. Liverpool, Cardiganshire.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline JJonesThomas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 31 March 18 21:53 BST (UK) »
Oh wow, that’s very interesting. My cousin was told by her mother that Avarina was the result of a liaison with a wealthy landowner. The father is not noted on the birth certificate. My cousin has looked into this and found that the local gentry were the Richards family.

I’m not sure how I can actually find more information on this though.

Offline JJonesThomas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 31 March 18 21:55 BST (UK) »
I hadI just looked at her birth certificate and she was born in 1854.

Offline Tannie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 31 March 18 22:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks for your reply - no, Mick is the grandson of your grandmother's sister, Hannah Gwen (known as Gwen). His mother's name was Myra. Tydfil did have a son named Michael (he died about 7 yrs ago). he was Mick's Godfather.
Apparently, there were four of the daughters who left Wales: Mick met Aunty Ina, Tydvil, his Nan - obviously and Alwyn (Olwyn), we're not sure how her name is spelt and can't find a Birth record because of this.... He has a vague recollection of meeting his grandmother's brother (one of them)...
Mick's mum has died but his dad still sees Tydvil's other son, Tony, at least once a year.

We live in East Grinstead, West Sussex. Gwen (Hannah) came to Surrey - South Godstone - and was in service from approximately 14 years old for a family who lived in a house called 'Hartsridge' in Harts lane...
Whereabouts are you??
It would be lovely to 'chat' more, either on this site or by email - tan64@hotmail.co.uk.

Tanya

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 18 February 20 09:38 GMT (UK) »
David Lloyd Warrington married Mary Ann Hughes in 1885 and had a further 7 children who were born in Shropshire and Crewe, Cheshire where David Warrington died in 1938
Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 15:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jaqueline, I don't know how far back you have traced Avarina's ancestry, but I have trying to do just that.   The 1871  census shows her born about 1854, living with her mother, Mary James who was born about 1826.   It seems that Mary was one of 6 children born to John James and Avarinah Owens of Llanbadarn Fawr between 1817 and 1834.   See the kind answers to my post James Marriage - Llanbadarn Fawr.   I have also done some research on David Lloyd Warrington's family if you are interested.
Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline nickihubble

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 03 August 20 17:12 BST (UK) »
HI She was my 2nd Great Grandmother, I have this information on her burial

16 Jul 1884 • St Padarn Churchyard, Llanbadarn Road, Aberystwyth, Cardiganshire, Wales
(MEMORIAL ID 207200482 Find a grave website)

Regards
Nicki

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 16 August 20 15:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Nicki, I have done some research on the Warrington family in Aberystwyth.   Do you have any information on Avarina James's ancestors?   As I said in a previous post, I have traced her mother and grandparents.   If you have any information on siblings, father, other grandparents or other family members, I would be most grateful.
Cheers Dave