Author Topic: Finding a marriage  (Read 5233 times)

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Finding a marriage
« Reply #63 on: Saturday 17 February 18 21:51 GMT (UK) »

Maybe they married in the USA? Maybe because she was committing bigamy and thought it less likely she would be found out?  People did all sorts of things for love as I know from my own family!

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Monday 09 April 18 00:28 BST (UK) »

I have been going through all the posts and I'm amazed at the amount of information you have all come up with.For which i thank you all.I will read through the rest of the posts and come back to you all

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Monday 09 April 18 01:19 BST (UK) »

Having exhausted every avenue I can think of,I told my friend what I'd found(with your help).She rejects all of it,she has no idea who Austin c Ayres is,which I can understand.She's adamant that her grandparents were married.This all started because she couldn't find a marriage for her granparents and I said that would help.I contacted registery offices in Canada but non of them had a marriage certificate for Marion and Gordon.It would be interesting to see the birth certificate for Verna Rutledge and the other children they had to see what it puts as parents and their marriage.
I have seen a birth certificate in Scotland where the parents weren't married but they inventented a marriage in England which no one was likely to check.
 I can only say that,I'm sure,with all your resourses,you would have found a marriage if there was one.
  I found Gordon Elliot Rutledge in the USA in 1920 so he couldn't have married that year!
 Thanks for all your help.

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Monday 09 April 18 02:30 BST (UK) »
Well both of these girls were living at 138 Monarch Park Avenue when they married and both had a father Charles COMPTON (though Gladys names her mother as Margaret) so perhaps you can show the two marriages to your friend to see if she remembers who this Gladys is?

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ-G1P4-96MC

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-91P4-695

Debra  :)

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Monday 09 April 18 15:19 BST (UK) »

I think she has the photo of the 2 girls that's where it all started,looking for the marriage.Could that photo be of Gladys on her wedding day to Austin?