Author Topic: Elizabeth Emma Manning  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Jenny Homewood

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Emma Manning
« on: Monday 05 February 18 19:38 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Emma Manning is recorded as having died at St. Helier on 12 November 1924, and was buried on the 14 November in St. Helier,  being the widow of Henry George Pinder.   She was born in Devon around 1856, her father was John Manning.   I believe her mother was from Jersey, but I cannot trace her name.   Can anyone suggest how I may find out about her mother's family?

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Emma Manning
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 February 18 22:42 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat

Can you confirm if her death reg records her as Pinder rather than Manning?   

She married in 1879 as per freebmd but there is no birth on freebmd matching an 1856 birthyear

Elizabeth was 22yrs old and her father John is shown as a baker
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 February 18 22:54 GMT (UK) »
1881 entry confirms birthplace as Devon.  Child Elizabeth Annie Pinder b Mile End 1880 - died same year

1891 shows birthplace as Exeter and birthyear 1858
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Jenny Homewood

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 10:54 GMT (UK) »
The Jersey, Church of EnglandDeaths and Burials says "Elizabeth Emma Manning widow of Henry George Pinder, died 12t November 1924, No.352, buried 14th November, age 69, domicile St Helier's."  I believe her mother was French and from Jersey, although she was born in Devon.  I know when she married, her father was a witness and he was shown as a baker, but I have had no real success in determining who her mother was.    I just wondered if there would be a gravestone in St. Helier and whether that might give more information?  Thank you for your help.