Author Topic: Are these two ladies the same person Great Grandmother Alice ?  (Read 1276 times)

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
Are these two ladies the same person Great Grandmother Alice ?
« on: Wednesday 07 February 18 16:53 GMT (UK) »
I know the "younger" of the two ladies in the first photo is my g.grandmother and I'm trying to work out if the older one is the same person.  I'm also attaching another set of photos to see if people think they are all the same person.

Many thanks.
Lizzie

Offline loord74

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Are these two ladies the same person Great Grandmother Alice ?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 19:19 GMT (UK) »
in second photo tilted (Are these all Alice) first from left and second on middle are the same person due to nose and eyes also distance between nose tip and lips ...all others doesn't belong to each other

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 19:32 GMT (UK) »
I would say the younger lady in bottom left picture is the same person as the photo above it and to the right of it (same photo, I believe).  Same shape of features, one eye slightly smaller etc.
Not sure about the others though.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 21:24 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, I've only recently come across the photo of the younger one with her face tilted, but now I look at it again I can see it is probably my g.gran.  I have a photo of her 6 children (including my gran) and two of her sons and one of her daughters has the same look and same eyes - my gran doesn't - so I guess she must take after her father. 

So that has ruled out the old lady, but the other one with a front parting is now a mystery.  Is she the same lady as the young one in the next photo?  If so that means she is my other g.gran, also called Alice.  Sorry the photo of the older lady is not very clear.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 08 February 18 13:37 GMT (UK) »
When was Alice born Lizzie?  the girl on the right, third set of photos looks to be 1870s....can you show us all of the photos?
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 08 February 18 13:49 GMT (UK) »
If you mean the young girl holding the book, who my g.aunt told me was her mother, then she was born 30 March 1847.  The "younger" one in the first photograph was my maternal g.grandmother and she was born 19 June 1843.

Apart from the young girl with the book, I don't have the actual photos they were sent to me digitally by distant relatives and the photo I have of the young girl was copied by my g.aunt and given to my mum many years ago, because my g.aunt thought I looked like the girl!  I guess there is a likeness although I've never had a photo taken where I'm pouting like she is - seems nothings new is it, all the selfies girls take of themselves today show them with a 'trout pout'  ::)  Attached is a photo of my maternal g.gran with one of her daughters who was born in 1875.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 08 February 18 14:40 GMT (UK) »
For me...the girl with the book seems to be the odd one out...the young lady next to her appears to be wearing a wedding ring and is possibly in her 20s.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 08 February 18 15:08 GMT (UK) »
If the girl on the right is in her 20s and wearing a wedding ring, could it not be the girl with the book grown up?  She married in 1867 aged 24.  Here's a clearer photo

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 08 February 18 15:12 GMT (UK) »
And here's one of me aged about 8 as a comparison.