Author Topic: Birth of Henry Hamilton, July 29, 1829, Drumards, Co. Tyrone  (Read 3124 times)

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Henry Hamilton, July 29, 1829, Drumards, Co. Tyrone
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 20 March 19 10:24 GMT (UK) »

I have found that a Robert Hamilton married to Margaret Mallon is associated with the family although I don't know if there is a connection of Robert Hamilton to Henry Hamilton whose parents that I was looking for. Robert was born abt 1821 which is close to Henry's date of birth in 1829. Robert's daughter Alice married Joseph Duffin in 1891 in the RC chapel in Stewartstown and they lived in Kilsally. Joseph's father Patrick Duffin had a cousin Joseph Duffin who also lived in Kilsally who married Mary Caulfield in 1822 in Coalisland and they emigrated to Ohio in 1850.

Peggy

You saw Robert Hamilton of Kilsally, father of Alice Duffin (nee Hamiltons) probate?

Hamilton   Robert   25 Aug 1896   12 Oct 1898   Probate of the Will of Robert Hamilton late of Kilsally County Tyrone Farmer ...   ----> Image

https://apps.proni.gov.uk/WillsCalendar_IE/WillsSearch.aspx

He also had a son Charles Hamilton
A daughter Alice Duffin wife of Joseph Duffin of Kilsally
A daughter Elizabeth Campbell wife of Thomas Campbell of Maghera
and James Hamilton who was in America at the time of his fathers death on the 25th of August 1986.

Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 March 19 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I did see that. Thank you so much for telling me. That helped me sort out Alice’s birth family.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline maryderry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 March 19 16:34 GMT (UK) »
Found this,it may be them.

Date of Marriage:
26-Feb-1840

Parish / District:
MONEYMORE

County:
Co. Derry

Husband

Wife
Name:
John
Hamilton

Catherine
O'Brien
Address:

Denomination:
Roman Catholic

Roman Catholic
Not Recorded

Not Recorded

Husband's Father

Wife's Father
Name:

Hamilton

O'Brien
Address:

Denomination:

Husband's Mother

Wife's Mother
Name:

Not Recorded

Not Recorded
Address:

Denomination:

Witness 1

Witness 2
Name:
James
O'Brien

James
O'Brien
Address:

Notes:

[L]/ DISP IN BANNS
doolin?
quigley- hasson. stewart. lynch. doherty gallagher-derry
mclaughlin-  brennan .moville co. donegal
mctaggart
monaghan

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 20 March 19 16:47 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much maryderry. I am sure that is them which means there are probably more children born before 1854.
Peggy

Offline Spud22

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 21 January 24 05:29 GMT (UK) »
Henry Hamilton became a coal company owner in Ohio and Pennsylvania, USA. He died Feb 24, 1891,  in Sharon, Mercer Co., Pennsylvania although his permanent residence was Brookfield Township,  Ohio. An article about him says that he was born July 29, 1829 in Drumards, Co. Tyrone. I  am looking for the names of his parents, and possible  sisters Margaret Jane born in 1826 and Ann born 1832. They were all living in Brookfield so likely siblings. I know Margaret Jane and Ann were siblings but don't know for sure about Henry.
Thanks for any help
Peggy

Peggy13,

I came across this post today after researching these Hamiltons, as I believe they are related to me.  I believe and can show some proof as others have of their heritage, here is what I've found so far.

Henry Hamilton (Died Prior to 1885) Married to Sarah (Not sure of maiden name) (Died 23 Aug 1871 about 67 Years old in Drumad's Informant was a Henery Hamilton Who was Present at Death)
Their Children
   - John Hamilton ((5 august 1848 Married Margarret Moneely Daughter of William Moneely) his condition was listed as a widow So I believe this to be his second marriage he was also living next to Sarah and Henery Hamilton via the Griffiths Valuation and I believe him to be a brother
   - Henry Hamilton (7th June 1845 Married Elizabeth Ferguson Daughter of Robert Ferguson) this was performed by Robert Holmes minister in the Presbyterian church and witnessed by Thomas Hamilton
         * I Don’t know if he ever went to the USA but everything else seems to match what you have
   - Thomas Hamilton (15 April 1853 Married Sarah Crooks (From Lower Caugh) Daughter of Samuel Crooks) this was performed by Robert Holmes minister in the Presbyterian church and witnessed by Henry Hamilton and a James Duff. This would be my ancestor; I have a lot of info about his descendants if your interested
   - Jane
   - Mary Ann

I will attach the records links below. Most all of them can be found via Irishgenealogy.ie

Sarah
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1871/020768/7285595.pdf

John
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1848/09346/5384212.pdf

Henry (Here is where I know his father "henry" is marked as Dead)
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1845/09289/5363299.pdf

Thomas
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1853/09447/5422754.pdf

I need to research these one’s more but it may be of interest to you as they might also be siblings as your research might contain.

Mary Ann
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1848/09346/5384244.pdf

Jane
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1857/09527/5453593.pdf

Offline Spud22

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 21 January 24 22:26 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Correction to my last post

Henry Hamilton (Died Prior to 1845) Married to Sarah (Not sure of maiden name) (Died 23 Aug 1871 about 67 Years old in Drumad's Informant was a Henery Hamilton Who was Present at Death suspect this to be son)
Their Children

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 05 February 24 07:56 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Spud22. I am very interested in all of this and will see how it fits with the information that I have already, in particular  the Ferguson marriage. I would bet that some if not all would be connected to the ones I am looking for. I will get back to you.
I was lucky to find your reply, as I went to County Tyrone looking for something else and found your reply.
Peggy

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 15:13 GMT (UK) »
I think Sarah Crooks in 1853 was from Coagh which is in the Parish of Tamlaght.