Author Topic: (*) Jacobs - Jersey Residents  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Gerry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
(*) Jacobs - Jersey Residents
« on: Thursday 08 February 18 19:02 GMT (UK) »
In the mid 1960s serving in the RAMC I met (*) Jacobs, also serving in  the RAMC.  He was from Jersey,  was a pharmacist/dispenser and his wife was (*).    Together with other RAMC friends  we had enjoyable nights out  - George Hotel,  Amesbury.   When he left the army he returned to Jersey - I think his father had a business there.    Over the years contacts have been lost.   I'm planning a holiday in Jersey in September and wonder if (*) are still around in Jersey.   Can anyone help me find them, please.

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.

Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: (*) - Jersey Residents
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 February 18 23:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Rootschat has a no living persons policy so the names/details of any persons still possibly living should not be included

http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php

Please do not post requests asking for help to find (possibly) living relatives or friends.
RootsChat is a forum for searching for ancestors. Anything posted on the internet is in the public domain where anybody can see this information. To protect people and their identities we do not encourage the posting of information about people who are or maybe still living.
Even with permission from the subject of a post we would seriously advise against giving too much information as to betray their identity.

You can find some tips for searching for living people on these RootsChat topics:
RootsChat Topic: Searching for living relatives and Rootschat
RootsChat Topic: Tracing Living Relatives
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: (*) Jacobs - Jersey Residents
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 February 18 08:48 GMT (UK) »
Their address and phone number are in the phone book

http://www.jtdirectory.com/people-search
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Gerry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: (*) Jacobs - Jersey Residents
« Reply #3 on: Friday 09 February 18 12:39 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for the helpful replies.   Also apologies for posting about living friends, the policy slipped my mind.