Author Topic: Burial of Thomas Rogers of Molash [1754]  (Read 738 times)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Burial of Thomas Rogers of Molash [1754]
« on: Friday 09 February 18 11:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Is someone able to double check the PR or BT for Molash to confirm the date of burial of Thomas Rogers for me.

Thomas wrote his Will on the 11 April 1754 and it was proved on 9 Nov 1754. Therefore he must have died between these dates.

My problem is that Familysearch and FindmyPast both have three dates of burial for a "Thomas Rogers"

21 April 1754
29 April 1754
5 Oct 1754

Can anyone double check these and let me know if they do all refer to a Thomas Rogers or if there is an error on Familysearch/Findmpast?

My initial feeling is that the last date is the correct one as it is closesy to the Probate date.

Thanks for any ideas.

Matt

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Burial of Thomas Rogers of Molash [1754]
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 February 18 12:25 GMT (UK) »
The England Deaths & Burials 1538-1991 on F M P are extracted from familysearch.

There are images on F M P from their Kent, Canterbury Archdeaconry Burials collection which show an entry for that name against the first and last dates you have.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Burial of Thomas Rogers of Molash [1754]
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 February 18 20:30 GMT (UK) »
The England Deaths & Burials 1538-1991 on F M P are extracted from familysearch.

There are images on F M P from their Kent, Canterbury Archdeaconry Burials collection which show an entry for that name against the first and last dates you have.

Hi

Thanks for that. So based on what you've said I assume it looks like there are two Thomas Rogers buried in Molash in 1754.

I think the October burial is the one more likely to be my Thomas as the probate would have taken place soon after. I think a gap of 7 months would have been a bit too long.

Thanks again

Matt