Author Topic: Please could you offer a date for this photograph?  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Neill Richard Potts

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Please could you offer a date for this photograph?
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 09:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Neill....I don't think she is very old maybe late teens early 20s. Shame we can't see her wedding finger. It could be a 21st Birthday photo.
I gave it a bit of a clean for you.
Carol
Many thanks for cleaning the photo up Carol ... she looks beautiful.

I'm researching my family ancestry and it's my 2nd cousin who has this photograph and she lives in New Zealand (I'm in England) and I'm sure she'll be amazed at how good the photograph looks.

I wonder ... can anyone colour the photograph in the colours which they may been in 1870?

Can anyone recommend an easy to use colouring package to see if I can colour some of the other photographs we have?

Kind regards

Neill

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 09:49 GMT (UK) »
HI Neill...you could try "Gimp" which is free photo editing software...there are also youtube video tutorials to help you to get started.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Neill Richard Potts

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 10:23 GMT (UK) »
HI Neill...you could try "Gimp" which is free photo editing software...there are also youtube video tutorials to help you to get started.
Carol

Aw Bless you Carol. Been a Yorkshire man (Tyke) the word "Free" is music to my ears.  ;D  I've downloaded it and I'll have a bash. Thank you.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 11:24 GMT (UK) »
You are welcome...being from the same area we most likely have the same ideals..."don't spend a penny where a halfpenny will do"  ;D
Be warned...it is very addictive and your garden will become a jungle  ;D ;D ;D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU