Author Topic: Ernest Canham  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Gullfield

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ernest Canham
« Reply #18 on: Monday 30 November 20 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Hello All

Thanks for this information

I don’t think we relate directly to Thomas Canham, however I have yet to investigate brothers of William Canham c 1795, as the Canham’s from Ely must be connected somewhere!

Stirling Cameron died of 12/7/1926 and his address at the time was Erewash Street Pye Bridge Derbyshire, we can’t find a death certificate as he seemed to use several names including Harold and Domask in different ways. We know of the death date and address from his Will administrated by Elizabeth in 1930.

Elizabeth died on 5/1/1940 at Tower House Ely, the death was registered by Sidney Canham, one of her other sons

We also don’t think that either Joseph and Elizabeth could read or write as there seems to be several different spellings of both Canham & Read

Gosh this is so interesting- thanks again

Tracy

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 30 November 20 22:23 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth's death:

Deaths March quarter  1940 
Elizabeth Camron age    86    Ely   

I saw the death date from the will for Stirling, but he did not need to have died where he was usually living.  Wanted that death for confirmation of approximate birth year.  Do you know if Elizabeth was still living at that address when he died, or whether she had moved elsewhere - have you done any ER searches to see if they are both together?

What did he give as his father's name, on marriage?

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 30 November 20 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Any information helpful from the will, including witnesses?

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 30 November 20 23:27 GMT (UK) »
Just putting in case I forget:
A Mrs Cameron of Pye Bridge is listed as a mourner at a funeral (as a friend of the deceased) in 1929, in a newspaper report.

If she were there in 1929, and was living with him in 1926, you would think that his death would have been registered there under one of his names, by her.  You would also think that the will might have been sorted out a little quicker.

Could have been a different Mrs Cameron, of course.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 01 December 20 08:06 GMT (UK) »
Suggest you start a new query about Sterling, on the Scotland board (Edinburgh, as he claims that in 1911?), linking to this thread but with the important details i.e. name at marriage, age and name in 1911, name given on will, etc etc, for more help on where he might be in any censuses, and hints as to parent's names - Domask is just about non-existent.  Also the fact that there is a will but no death registration.

As an aside, do you know where he is buried?