Author Topic: Sarah Thompson Cooper Burial Inquiry  (Read 2743 times)

Offline wemorin3

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sarah Thompson Cooper Burial Inquiry
« on: Tuesday 13 February 18 01:47 GMT (UK) »
Might someone be able to help me find the burial information of my G-Grandmother, Sarah Cooper (nee Thompson), who is listed in the death index as having passed Q1 1939 in Tynemouth, Northumberland.  She was born about 1867 in West Bromwich, Staffordshire.  I'm in the USA so popping into the local archive isn't possible for me.  Thank you in advance for any assistance.
~Peggy

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Thompson Cooper Burial Inquiry
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 08:30 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat  :)

Tynemouth registration district covers quite a few places you would need to know where she died, you really need the death certificate.
https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/tynemouth.html

Have you tried newspapers or grave websites

Where was she living in 1911.  Did any other family move to Tynemouth area with her, if so please give details
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Have you any idea where her daughter Constance Violet Cooper lived after her marriage
as I am assuming she went to live with her daughter on Tyneside
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 16:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi wemorin3

Welcome to RootsChat :)

When I am next at the North Shields library I can check for you to see if she may have been buried at places such as Earsdon, Preston Cemetery in North Shields or Wallsend or Whitley Bay.  They have records there in huge tomes and on microfilm.  If I I am unable to find then Sarah was perhaps buried somewhere else such as Blyth in the Tynemouth registration district.  I don't have access to records there. 

It may be a few weeks before I can get back to the library but I will put this on my to-do list if you don't mind a wait?  Hopefully, I will be able to find her for you and the cost of buying a death certificate will not be necessary. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline wemorin3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 02:48 GMT (UK) »

Tynemouth registration district covers quite a few places you would need to know where she died, you really need the death certificate.

Where was she living in 1911.  Did any other family move to Tynemouth area with her, if so please give details

Thank you for the response so quickly.  She was a widow in Battersea in 1911.  Her youngest daughter, Constance Violet, married James Read and they moved from Battersea to Tynemouth sometime between 1922 and 1931, but I don't know any more details as to where.  I'm assuming Sarah moved with them.

Offline wemorin3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 02:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi wemorin3

Welcome to RootsChat :)

When I am next at the North Shields library I can check for you to see if she may have been buried at places such as Earsdon, Preston Cemetery in North Shields or Wallsend or Whitley Bay.  They have records there in huge tomes and on microfilm.  If I I am unable to find then Sarah was perhaps buried somewhere else such as Blyth in the Tynemouth registration district.  I don't have access to records there. 

It may be a few weeks before I can get back to the library but I will put this on my to-do list if you don't mind a wait?  Hopefully, I will be able to find her for you and the cost of buying a death certificate will not be necessary. :)

Dear River Tyne Lass,

Thank you so very much!  That would be fantastic and I'm so appreciative of you taking the time to look this up.  I look forward to hearing from  you.
~Peggy

Offline wemorin3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 02:52 GMT (UK) »
Have you any idea where her daughter Constance Violet Cooper lived after her marriage
as I am assuming she went to live with her daughter on Tyneside

Dear Radcliff,
Thank you for your response.  No, I am trying to find that out.  Both Constance and her husband were from greater London so I'm at a loss as to why they relocated.  I'll keep digging. 

Offline wemorin3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 02:56 GMT (UK) »

Dear Rosie99,
Thank you for your response.  I shall check in newspapers.  She was widowed and I am assuming moved with her youngest daughter (Constance Violet Read) and son-in-law (James C Read) to Tynemouth sometime between 1922 and 1931.  I'll keep digging.

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 08:23 GMT (UK) »
I think Constance may be found in 1939 register wrongly transcribed as Constance J Read
Constance J Read   1896    Whitley Bay U.D.   Northumberland
other residents details blacked out
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk