Author Topic: Tuite clarification.  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Oneday

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tuite clarification.
« on: Tuesday 13 February 18 03:06 GMT (UK) »
I have several different connections to the Tuite family from Meath Ireland.

I believe these connections are linked to the same family by way of siblings or cousins.

The family concerned seems to come from around Tallaughstown, Athboy & Dunderry.

There is a family that consists of:  Bridget, Mary, Patrick, Oliver, Edward & Pat/Cat.

The Edward I have is married to Ellen Connell/O'Connell.

One of the doubts that comes up as whether or not the Edward I have is part of this family or is a relative of this family.

Oliver Tuite & Catherine Quigly/Quigley are the suggested parents for the above names.

There appears to be a few Edwards born about the same time my Edward was born thus, causing the confusion of who he belongs to.

The birth year is around 1838 to 1845.

One concept I have had is that the father Oliver had a sibling & my Edward is from him making a cousin relationship.

My other connection to the Tuite's occurs through the marriage of Oliver Tuite to Julia Newman in Dunderry, Meath 1879.

There is also another Tuite - Eliza who marries a John Newman in Dunderry, Meath in 1880.

I'm suspecting that Julia & John could be siblings or cousins.

I'm connected to all of the Tuite's mentioned & would like to know if anyone has a little bit of information that could help clarify how they connect together.

If you need further information I'm happy to provide what I have.

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Tuite clarification.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 14:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
you say................
There appears to be a few Edwards born about the same time my Edward was born thus, causing the confusion of who he belongs to.
The birth year is around 1838 to 1845.

Was his Father Edward and his Mother Betty Salmon?
Maggsie

Offline Oneday

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tuite clarification.
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 23:59 GMT (UK) »
It is a possibility - one family member has this name as his parents, others do not.