Author Topic: Identification help please.  (Read 2169 times)

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
Re: Identification help please.
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 18 February 18 14:28 GMT (UK) »
Carol, I can see the 3 section scroll but I'm not sure what is in the centre of the medallion.  I have tried to improve the image with my photo editor but I can't see anything any clearer (I'm not very good a photo editing anyway  ::))

A high resolution scan of just the medallion would be helpful
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 18 February 18 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there just pixels  ::) ;D ;D ;D Yes I agree...the clasp at her neck also looks interesting too, it could be symbolic, or maybe just an ornamental piece of jewellery.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 18 February 18 16:37 GMT (UK) »
Thanks all. I have tried on higher resolution but detail is just not there. The neck clasp does look interesting I agree. If it is a castle would narrow town down a bit. Can rule out an Arundel mayoral chain.
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 19 February 18 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Well the mystery is solved.  Well half of it.  It was mentioned by a friend that the chain looked Masonic.  Both Grandad and my Dad were in the Masons, however we know women are not admitted. I have a picture of  Grandad wearing what I thought was a Masonic chain. Wrong.   Found the picture and it is the same chain the Lady was wearing. But it is not a masonic chain, he was also a member of the Oddfellows which had slipped my mind until I looked at my research more closely  and unlike Mason's they have women members. He was Prov. Grand master in 1943, I have a letter proving that, plus  I have a certificate certifying that the degree of past master was conferred on him. 

I can only assume that the lady in the picture was the next Grand Master or should that be Mistress :o

For all who have been kind enough to reply to this thread, thank you.  For interest sake I have attached pic and doc.
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820